Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I ordered as a guest and got the (second) call about 7pm. They wanted to know if I still wanted to proceed with the order, and I said yes.

Chap on the phone sounded genuinely delighted to be able to give people good news, as I was to receive it. Superb customer service from Apple, and I am delighted they've reversed this decision.

I don't know how well Irish pre-orders will fare in the future, though, with their new direction of wanting to avoid the queues on launch day. I suppose it will depend on how successful PM are in getting Apple to cooperate with them? I had wondered why they had made no public statement about Apple's refusal to deliver to them, so I re-read some of their Twitter statements earlier, and one of them says this:
    Apple have changed their shipping policy today. We will let you know if we can resolve this.

Obviously they were attempting to talk with Apple to get it sorted, and it looks like somebody somewhere made the smart call. I hope they'll allow this avenue in future if collection on launch day is no longer available.

I did read one comment on another forum which suggested that order-and-collect will be available from the 25th, but I don't know how accurate that is. We'll have to wait and see. Hope everyone gets what they ordered speedily!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I also tried them on in Belfast today.

VGotISv.jpg

This cool table has them all in it, with all sizes and bands.

AmUAm3N.jpg

The 42mm is too big for my tiny wrists.

xio36fd.jpg

This isn't a great picture because the difference in size between the two isn't quite as pronounced as this, but I'm still going to order the 38mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

For anyone that was contacted by Apple as a follow up, did you put your correct irish number into the telephone field? I put in a UK number so going to be a pain if they try contacting that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

For anyone that was contacted by Apple as a follow up, did you put your correct irish number into the telephone field? I put in a UK number so going to be a pain if they try contacting that one.

Yes I put my correct Irish number in and they contacted me yesterday. Your order should still get reinstated though as I'm sure your card has already been verified...

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Thanks all for the update. My phone was off but I've just checked now and I had a message from Gianpaolo advising me that my order will be reinstated. Happy days! Now if they could just do something about that June shipment date......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Bazzmatazz

Delighted to see Apple change their decision. Got the call yesterday too. Mine (SS white band) is listed for May 12th.

I did have a second order for a black strap and additional charging cable that I see is still cancelled. Wonder if they will reinstate that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Renmai

Didn't get a call yet and noticed when I put in my order number its coming up with an error, 'Sorry, Something went wrong with your request' anyone else getting that or can you see you orders?

IS there a number I can call on Monday to re-instate my order.

Cheers.

Ren

When does billing happen does anyone know? Is it at dispatch or prior to that.

Ren

Renmai wrote: »
    Didn't get a call yet and noticed when I put in my order number its coming up with an error, 'Sorry, Something went wrong with your request' anyone else getting that or can you see you orders?

IS there a number I can call on Monday to re-instate my order.

Cheers.

Ren

Think it's an issue everybody is having right now as that error message is coming up for me also. Just call customer service, dont have the number to hand but it's an 1800 number and I think you can call them today too.

Renmai wrote: »
    When does billing happen does anyone know? Is it at dispatch or prior to that.

Ren

They tend to take out the money as soon as you order (mainly on debit cards) then put it back in until it ships for security purposes.

• Advertisement

Tks Jhaj..... Tried the 1800 number, its a Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm....

Checked my other cancelled order and I got the same error so its an apple issue... PHEW!!! :-)

Delighted to see orders being re-instated. I organised a Mailbox Etc address in London yesterday to send the watch to then ship it to ireland.... Can cancel that now.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Jhaj wrote: »
    They tend to take out the money as soon as you order (mainly on debit cards) then put it back in until it ships for security purposes.

Not quite. I asked in my local Apple Store and was told that there's a pound charge put on your card to reserve your order. Then within three days of it being ready to be shipped they put a hold on the money, and then on dispatch they authorise the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jhaj wrote: »
    Think it's an issue everybody is having right now as that error message is coming up for me also. Just call customer service, dont have the number to hand but it's an 1800 number and I think you can call them today too.

The order status page goes down like that on Sunday's so don't worry too much.

Mine was cancelled last time I checked but after seeing Zcott's image of the 42mm I'm beginning to think it's for the best. 38mm would suit me better I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Mine was cancelled last time I checked but after seeing Zcott's image of the 42mm I'm beginning to think it's for the best. 38mm would suit me better I think.

Just to provide an alternative data point, I too have fairly slim wrists and I wasn't sure whether the 42mm would be too large. So I went up to Belfast yesterday to try some on. My conclusion is that I could wear either and the 38mm isn't comically small on me. The 42mm is very wearable for me and I have chosen to stick with that size for the extra usability.

Here are both sizes:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Jus got the same order cancelled email that everyone got the other day again, order is still showing up as processing ?

Anyone else receive that mail again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Mine is still cancelled. Might call them tomorrow morning & see what they can do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Just received another call, said 2nd cancellation email was sent in error and order is still ok

They're all over the shop with our orders

Lots of people are getting calls/emails saying their orders have been reinstated,they are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bazzmatazz

Just got a second call today from Cork to let me know that my separate black strap and charging cable order was also being reinstated. It would take 24 hrs to show online on my orders page.

Very happy with their turnaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

What's the story with the Irish pre order when's that open? Are we thinking euro price will be more or less than stg? I might try one for the crack

Wont be open for a bit yet and when it does it will fall in line with UK pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

No call but it's now processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Cyrus wrote: »
    What's the story with the Irish pre order when's that open? Are we thinking euro price will be more or less than stg? I might try one for the crack

Looking at the French and German stores they are both slightly less expensive than the UK store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

bop1977 wrote: »
    Looking at the French and German stores they are both slightly less expensive than the UK store.

What's their VAT rate though? If it's less than our 23%, our price will probably be higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Looking at the French and German prices for an iPad. We are €20 more expensive for all iPad compared to the Germans and €10 for the 16gb and €4 for all other sizes compared to the French.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

What's their VAT rate though? If it's less than our 23%, our price will probably be higher.

VAT in France is 20% but there is a "private copying levy" which is about 10 euros per device (the amount changes slightly depending on the storage capacity).

At the end if the day I think the price before tax is pretty much the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Ireland is one of the most expensive if not the most expensive country to buy Apple products in.

I spent hours and hours about a year ago comparing the entire Mac range prices throughout Europe, and we were most expensive for every device,
    Thankfully I get a 15% discount from Apple so still ended up getting a good deal on an iMac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ireland is one of the most expensive if not the most expensive country to buy Apple products in.

I spent hours and hours about a year ago comparing the entire Mac range prices throughout Europe, and we were most expensive for every device,
    Thankfully I get a 15% discount from Apple so still ended up getting a good deal on an iMac

Have a look at the prices in Brazil and cry for them (cheapest iPhone 6: 1070 euros). Purely caused by their government and crazy duty on imported products though.
    A Brazilian colleague ones told me a MacBook Pro only or a MacBook Pro plus a holiday in New-York were costing him about the same price :-)

But yeah in the eurozone Ireland tends to be the most expensive place.

• Advertisement

Friend of mine using PM had his order cancelled, reinstated & it's now back to cancelled again. Very strange.

Advertisement