Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Apologies, I was mixing but things up.

I wonder though what apples stance would be when a product isn't available for sale in a country you're trying to get it repaired from?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

guil wrote: »
    Apologies, I was mixing but things up.

I wonder though what apples stance would be when a product isn't available for sale in a country you're trying to get it repaired from?

I Had a US Sim free iPhone 5s bought in vegas

Needed service and they refused to let me mail it in as they didn't have the model number in Europe. Said is have to bring it to Belfast have it diagnosed and then return to Belfast when they ordered me a equivalent model into Belfast stoe to replace mine

ended up having to get onto apple executive relations and get the phone refunded and buy a new one from the irish store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I Had a US Sim free iPhone 5s bought in vegas

Needed service and they refused to let me mail it in as they didn't have the model number in Europe. Said is have to bring it to Belfast have it diagnosed and then return to Belfast when they ordered me a equivalent model into Belfast stoe to replace mine

ended up having to get onto apple executive relations and get the phone refunded and buy a new one from the irish store

hi moralproductions - I've just sent you a pm in relation to your experience with this if you could reply I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Will there be watches available to buy on the 28th if you go to the apple store or do they all have to be ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

All have to have be preordered online. There'll be none available for purchase in store.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

QikBax wrote: »
    All have to have be preordered online. There'll be none available for purchase in store.

Did anyone ever see confirmation of that from Apple?

Graham wrote: »
    Did anyone ever see confirmation of that from Apple?

There's a thread on macrumours with (Confirmed) before the title, saying they will be online only

But until apple actually make it official who knows, Have a feeling they will be only only though. At least until supply catches up with demand

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

There's a thread on macrumours with (Confirmed) before the title, saying they will be online only

But until apple actually make it official who knows, Have a feeling they will be only only though. At least until supply catches up with demand

Thanks moralproduction, it looks like Apple are flip-flopping between limited availability in store and no availability in store. That looks like the most recent report from Apple where they're suggesting no in-store availability again.

That press release suggests online exclusivity but since its release Apple have suggested the Apple watch will/won't/maybe available in store in limited quantities.

The latest credible source is the one moralproduction mentions where it looks like there will be no in-store stock on launch day. If that is the case, I personally think Angela Ahrendts has made a mistake turning an otherwise media frenzy of launch day activity into a complete non-event.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they definitely had to do something. the iphone 6 was nuts. there were still people queueing outside stores in december. many of them bringing them back to china and whatnot.

• Advertisement

they definitely had to do something. the iphone 6 was nuts. there were still people queueing outside stores in december. many of them bringing them back to china and whatnot.

That's true but I think stopping all in-store purchases to prevent scalping is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It's a bit extreme alright...I would expect when production catches up with demand they'll at least introduce an in-store pickup option, followed by selling them in store maybe towards Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Maybe they think it enhances the "exclusivity" of the Apple Watch. I suppose they dont really expect this to be a main profit driver. That role is for the iPhone, and that certainly won't be available online only :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    That role is for the iPhone, and that certainly won't be available online only :P.

During the launch period I think it is an option they will be looking at for the iPhone as well. They have already been doing it at least in China to avoid having to manage the huge queues and the scalpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Bob24 wrote: »
    During the launch period I think it is an option they will be looking at for the iPhone as well. They have already been doing it at least in China to avoid having to manage the huge queues and the scalpers.
    I know this is a different experience for our customers, and a change for you as well. Are we going to launch every product this way from now on? No. We all love those blockbuster Apple product launch days—and there will be many more to come. They’re the moments where you, our teams, shine. And our customers love them as well!

http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/16/when-can-i-buy-an-apple-watch/

Who knows though, we will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

What are the chances of any being available on the launch date in store in US.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭lillian770

I still don't get it. Why would someby need an apple watch ? Could somebody explain me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Why does anybody *need* a watch at all? Need in this case is secondary to *want*. It's a gadget to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

dingding wrote: »
    What are the chances of any being available on the launch date in store in US.

According to Apple the chances are none if you haven't preordered online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

For anyone ordering a watch, what address do you put in for the billing? Does it have to be a UK address?

For anyone ordering a watch, what address do you put in for the billing? Does it have to be a UK address?

No you can just use your normally billing address

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

anyone on this thread with a Friday 24 or soon after delivery date? I suspect most of us are June? Though hopefully it might move to May within a few weeks as shipments begin. It will be interesting to hear reactions from people as they start to use the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Lots of app updates yesterday for the watch. It's starting to get exciting at this point when you can begin to see the apps that are becoming available. Native apps later this year will really be the true kickoff point. There are quite a few complaints so far about laggy apps harvesting data over bluetooth from the phone. Judging by some video I've seen that could be disappointing and a pain, to the extent you won't wait the 10 seconds and will just whip out the phone instead. That being said, that could improve with software updates before long as well.

Anyone here expecting an order on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Caved in and ordered mine last night, but delivery isn't until June. Hoping they become available in store before then and I can cancel my order. 38mm sport because I have tiny wrists :-(

Expecting one on friday and another for the missus in June.
    Haven't been charged yet for my one so im not holding out much hope of getting it Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

tonylee wrote: »
    anyone on this thread with a Friday 24 or soon after delivery date? I suspect most of us are June? Though hopefully it might move to May within a few weeks as shipments begin. It will be interesting to hear reactions from people as they start to use the watch.

Yeah. I'm in the April 24th to May 8th window so i expect it on Friday. It hasn't switched from "processing" to "preparing" yet.

That's for a US order though.

QikBax wrote: »
    Yeah. I'm in the April 24th to May 8th window so i expect it on Friday. It hasn't switched from "processing" to "preparing" yet.

That's for a US order though.

Haven't seen any of the UK orders on macrumours start preparing for shipment yet

I've a feeling tomorrow night things will start moving

I'm in the 4-6 weeks bracket

I hope mine gets bumped up once they start moving

Just got €722 taken out of my account there, still says Processing though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just got €722 taken out of my account there, still says Processing though.

What model was that for?

Advertisement