Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 navag

South East Dublin @ 10.20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

navag wrote: »
    South East Dublin @ 10.20pm

Cheers, still no sign of them near me !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Renmai

Just got notification... its at location... :-)

Renmai wrote: »
    Just got notification... its at location... :-)

wheres your location renmai ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Collected mine at Charlestownjust now, in the van since 1.20 got a text around 11 pm to say it was there a bit slow but all in all have the watch the day after launch in the uk so happy no more over nighters in Belfast wife be happy in the morning when she wakes up to her bday present. Found the box quiet heavy was opening it to expect a rock or something init ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Collected mine at Charlestownjust now, in the van since 1.20 got a text around 11 pm to say it was there a bit slow but all in all have the watch the day after launch in the uk so happy no more over nighters in Belfast wife be happy in the morning when she wakes up to her bday present. Found the box quiet heavy was opening it to expect a rock or something init ðŸ˜႒

Congrats, used to enjoy the little trips up to belfast

starting to give up on any hope that mine will be dropped off tonight now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

navag wrote: »
    Great watch, build quality is very impressive, I think all that ordered will be happy

That just doesn't look good on the wrist. Maybe in a few years they will look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

fox007 wrote: »
    wife be happy in the morning when she wakes up to her bday present.

Like your wife will be getting anywhere near it tomorrow;)

Anyone here in dublin still not heard from parcel motel yet ? ?

I'm so impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

• Advertisement

Mine was delivered at 5:30am

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

still no text and mine is "in the van"

has anyone outside of Dublin got theirs? mine is going to Bandon, West Cork. my stuff is usually delivered by 5am

has anyone outside of Dublin got theirs? mine is going to Bandon, West Cork. my stuff is usually delivered by 5am

Stick your tracking number from the parcel motel site into nightlife tracking and find out where it is

Think they are running a bit later than normal today

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭wolfi

Collected mine about hour ago in Texaco Shannon.
    BTW, it's so small. I got 42mm, need Apple watch plus, 54mm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

wolfi wrote: »
    Collected mine about hour ago in Texaco Shannon.
    BTW, it's so small. I got 42mm, need Apple watch plus, 54mm ;)

Thanks for update.

I checked on Nightline and its just saying "in the van" :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

Picked mine up there from drogheda, the stainless steel in just jaw dropping.

Delivery dude was still loading when I arrived, said theyre very very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You guys are making me wish I'd ordered on pre-order day and not a few days ago! Initial thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Zcott wrote: »
    You guys are making me wish I'd ordered on pre-order day and not a few days ago! Initial thoughts?

Chuffed with my Sports Edition. Plenty still to get used to but really like all iOS Software a joy to use & continuity with iPhone seamless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Picked mine up there from drogheda, the stainless steel in just jaw dropping.

Delivery dude was still loading when I arrived, said theyre very very busy.

Pics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thread gone very quiet which surprises me.

Are people not impressed with their new watches?

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thread gone very quiet which surprises me.

Are people not impressed with their new watches?

Complete opposite for me, it's the best first gen apple device I have owned. Some of the 3rd party apps aren't up to much but the likes of Hailo, Evernote, Workflow and Alo work great (shazam actually recognised a song faster on the watch than on the iPhone for some reason)

It's so useful, in less than 24hrs I've used it to control my apple tv, monitored my 5k run this morning, used the beacon app to direct me back to my car, the dictation on messages has been near perfect and the call quality it great.

I can't wait to see the apps we get in a few months time.

How's the battery life?

digitaldr wrote: »
    How's the battery life?

Charged it fully as soon as I got it so from about 1pm yesterday until bed time just after midnight, it was at 40% with screen on full brightness all day. Charged overnight and from 7am until now with a full exercise complete, it is now at 76% with heavy use.

So pretty good then. Do you need to very deliberately raise your forearm up to get the screen to wake up?

digitaldr wrote: »
    So pretty good then. Do you need to very deliberately raise your forearm up to get the screen to wake up?

Nope, a small twist is enough to get it to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

A couple of questions for people who have one.

When you initiate a phone call (or answer one) from the Watch, can you chose whether the audio will go to the watch or to your phone?

Typical use case would be walking down the street with earphones listening to music and initiating a call on the watch to avoid taking the phone out, but still sending the audio to the earphones.

Also is it possible to answer and initiate FaceTime Audio calls?

And last question: is it possible to use the watch to start the music app on the phone? And what about the podcast app?

Bob24 wrote: »
    A couple of questions for people who have one.

When you initiate a phone call (or answer one) from the Watch, can you chose whether the audio will go to the watch or to your phone?

Typical use case would be walking down the street with earphones listening to music and
    initiating a call on the watch to avoid taking the phone out, but still sending the audio to the earphones.

Also is it possible to answer and initiate FaceTime Audio calls?

And last question: is it possible to use the watch to start the music app on the phone? And what about the podcast app?

You can take a call on the watch and then take over on the phone by clicking the green bar on top of phone screen

You can start and control the music app on phone as far as I know too, not sure about podcasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

You can take a call on the watch and then take over on the phone by clicking the green bar on top of phone screen

You can start and control the music app on phone as far as I know too, not sure about podcasts

Thanks.

So when you say clicking the green bar of the phone screen it means you cannot actually direct a call to the phone without taking the phone out of your pocket? (sorry this might sound silly but remote controlling the phone is omitting I am quite interested it)

Advertisement