Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    what was original expected ship date?

13th - 26th May.

Is there a way to collect from parcel motel's depot? My watch is being delivered on friday to them which means it'll probably be saturday or sunday before it gets down to dublin (then another day to get to my locker).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Is there a way to collect from parcel motel's depot? My watch is being delivered on friday to them which means it'll probably be saturday or sunday before it gets down to dublin (then another day to get to my locker).

No I rang them the last time and was told it's not a walkin deport u must wait till its dropped off at the PM

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

PM are usually fairly quick off the mark, I wouldn't be surprised if it landed in your local PM late on the day they receive it.

Graham wrote: »
    PM are usually fairly quick off the mark, I wouldn't be surprised if it landed in your local PM late on the day they receive it.
    hmm they got a delivery for me yesterday and there's been nothing. Not even scanned through at their Belfast depot :(.

damnit when did I become so impatient :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just ordered my second strap black sports band to go with my green band. Ordered through Parcel Motel delivers 3-9 June and cost approx €55 with conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my black leather loop today. Love it! Although it is going to take a while before I stop "feeling" it on my wrist. I've never worn a watch before so the sensation is slightly odd.

Waiting on my separate sport band so I can use it for running and the gym.

mine is now in the Belfast Depot for Parcel Motel, hope I get a text tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Mine has now moved to preparing for shipment. Hopefully not too long now given I ordered at 8:04 on day of launch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

Lots of reports today that Quanta (the company manufacturing the watch) capacity problems have been solved and production is now fully up to speed. Hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Green sport band has also dispatched.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

tonylee wrote: »
    Lots of reports today that Quanta (the company manufacturing the watch) capacity problems have been solved and production is now fully up to speed. Hope so.

what would that mean for turnaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

Delivered to PM in Antrim yesterday at midday. No movement since, had hoped, wished and crossed my fingers I'd have it by now. What about you Creamy?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Same as mine. Got a notification that it was in the Dublin depot about midday today after arriving in Antrim yesterday morning. No clue when it will hit here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

2 Parcels (no apple watch) that were booked into Dublin depot (from UK PM address) yesterday and today just delivered to my PM locker (South Dublin)

Notified that it was in Dublin at 11:15. Picked up at 7:30. It's so beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yes it is. What one did you order?

Zcott wrote: »
    Yes it is. What one did you order?

42mm space grey sport with black band.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

For anyone using a recent Mac with an iPhone/Apple Watch, I'd recommend MacID for proximity locking/unlocking. It's the first App of its type that doesn't appear to spontaneously lock/unlock the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Picked up my 42mm Sport watch yesterday, pretty nice and setup was pretty quick, number of apps that interest me are low at present but glad to have a smart watch that works after my kreyos hell!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just got my dispatch update

Delivery: 25 Jun, 2015 - 09 Jul, 2015

I'll be on holidays during this period. Hopefully I can get someone to pick it up from PM

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

godtabh wrote: »

I'll be on holidays during this period. Hopefully I can get someone to pick it up from PM

Yeah i just checked mine and it changed to

Processing Items Dispatched: 5-6 weeks
    Delivers: 22 Jun, 2015 - 29 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping

I ordered on the 29th April

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'm in same batch as you Godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

For those of you that got updated delivery, which watch / band did you go for? I ordered at 08:03 on the 10th of April. It's said 'June' is the dispatch date since then.

I'd ordered the 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Link Bracelet ...

Black sports watch. Matching strap. 42mm

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Mine has arrived at Parcel Motel this afternoon, waiting for it to appear on my account now to guess when it will arrive to my locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Black sports watch. Matching strap. 42mm

I ordered the same as you

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Watch OS 1.0.1 is out.

must be on charger and have 50% battery.

performance improvements all round, new localisations and display suppoer for new skin-tone emoji.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just doing install now pretty quick & painless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

Whats the watch like for fitness tracking? I'm considering buying one solely for tracking my fitness and heart rate at the gym now that I'm back in the gym.

Advertisement