Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Woo, due for delivery in Parcel Motel depot today sometime. So will hopefully have it tomorrow. 42mm sports black, ordered about 8:30 on launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Elessar wrote: »
    Whats the watch like for fitness tracking? I'm considering buying one solely for tracking my fitness and heart rate at the gym now that I'm back in the gym.
    It's not bad but has some way to go imo, you need to have the watch pretty damn tight for heart rate to work well so if you don't like your watch too tight you may not like that.

It doesn't track sleep at present but most people will probably charge at night so not sure how much use that would be. The other issue is its a rather expensive device to wear during contact sport workouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Elessar wrote: »
    Whats the watch like for fitness tracking? I'm considering buying one solely for tracking my fitness and heart rate at the gym now that I'm back in the gym.

Why would you go for a jack of all trades when there's vastly superior options for such specific need. Get a Garmin (or equivalent) with a chest strap if that's your use case.

anyone track their delivery on UPS? The Apple site says delivered to Newtownabbey, which would be the Parcel Motel depot, but its not showing on my Parcel Motel account yet, and the UPS site says "Delivered To: MALLUSK, GB Signed By:BAXTER Left At:Dock"

Why Mallusk and why a dock? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Like mine last week it showed as signed in dock, checked PM from 1pm-8:30pm and it never showed up on my account. About 10pm that night it was in transit and delivered at 4 o'clock the following morning. I wouldn't panic.

• Advertisement

Branoic wrote: »
    anyone track their delivery on UPS? The Apple site says delivered to Newtownabbey, which would be the Parcel Motel depot, but its not showing on my Parcel Motel account yet, and the UPS site says "Delivered To: MALLUSK, GB Signed By:BAXTER Left At:Dock"

Why Mallusk and why a dock? :confused:

Mine was delivered to Newtownabbey on Friday at lunch time, but didn't show in my parcel motel until Saturday morning as it was scanned at dublin depot and was delivered to my parcel motel Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭brianomc

When tracking with UPS I presume everybody elses watch is leaving from "Tamworth, UK". Does it go straight from there to Northern Ireland or take a trip to Germany or Holland first?
    38mm space grey sport only ordered 26th April so supply of the smaller watch is catching up

brianomc wrote: »
    When tracking with UPS I presume everybody elses watch is leaving from "Tamworth, UK". Does it go straight from there to Northern Ireland or take a trip to Germany or Holland first?
    38mm space grey sport only ordered 26th April so supply of the smaller watch is catching up

Mine went straight from Tamworth to Newtownabbey, left Tamworth at 2:41pm on 13/5 and was delivered to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey at 12:06pm on 15/5

Villain wrote: »
    Mine went straight from Tamworth to Newtownabbey, left Tamworth at 2:41pm on 13/5 and was delivered to Parcel Motel in Newtownabbey at 12:06pm on 15/5

Thanks, was hoping if it was going direct it would arrive next day (today for me) but I should still have the watch Saturday if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tonylee

how long from "preparing for shipment" to actual shipment? (just got notification of this within the past few hours) this question has probably been asked and answered already so apologies for repeating it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

42mm SS BSB ordered 18th April 10am. Delivery 22nd June - 29th June. Will be on holidays. Praying Apple will pick up the pace! There's hardly no SS models getting out this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

tonylee wrote: »
    how long from "preparing for shipment" to actual shipment? (just got notification of this within the past few hours) this question has probably been asked and answered already so apologies for repeating it!

About a day or so, and then another day or two to be delivered :D

arrived this morning. So pretty :D

But cant get Maps to display correctly. Only shows a grey grid. Can use the crown to zoom in and out, but only shows the grid. Had a quick look online and some people recommended a hard reset on the phone. Tried that and no luck.

I can see that the watch and phone are communicating correctly - for example I can set up some directions on the watch and see the start and destination pins on the grid background, and on the phone I can see the full map. But no map on the watch. Anyone else have this?

arrived this morning. So pretty :D

But cant get Maps to display correctly. Only shows a grey grid. Can use the crown to zoom in and out, but only shows the grid. Had a quick look online and some people recommended a hard reset on the phone. Tried that and no luck.

I can see that the watch and phone are communicating correctly - for example I can set up some directions on the watch and see the start and destination pins on the grid background, and on the phone I can see the full map. But no map on the watch. Anyone else have this?

Mine definitely takes a few seconds to load the map. Does the map load ok on your iPhone?

Zcott wrote: »
    Mine definitely takes a few seconds to load the map. Does the map load ok on your iPhone?

yep, works perfectly on the phone, and will not load on the watch no matter how long I leave it. I've tried powering on and off both devices, re-pairing, made sure both have the latest OS, tried it on 3G as well as Wifi, no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

Just got my 42mm Space Grey Sport today and it sure looks GREAT!!

yep, works perfectly on the phone, and will not load on the watch no matter how long I leave it. I've tried powering on and off both devices, re-pairing, made sure both have the latest OS, tried it on 3G as well as Wifi, no luck.

Mine was the same when I first got it but started to work today as I went for a walk. Very strange as I also tried everything but it just seemed to fix itself..

Jhaj wrote: »
    Mine was the same when I first got it but started to work today as I went for a walk. Very strange as I also tried everything but it just seemed to fix itself..

Maps wouldnt load on the watch either for me last night after setting it up. Reset it, rebooted watch/phone multiple times. Works fine this morning for some reason. But my calendars wont sync across. Only any new calendar events I create. Any ideas for this one? I only picked up the watch late last night so looking forward to testing it today.

Some people on Reddit suggesting toggling Bluetooth on and off on your iPhone a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Like mine last week it showed as signed in dock, checked PM from 1pm-8:30pm and it never showed up on my account. About 10pm that night it was in transit and delivered at 4 o'clock the following morning. I wouldn't panic.

Bit of a late reply, but for others waiting for a delivery; A delivery will now only show on your PM account when it reaches the Dublin depot, so there might be 24hrs delay before a delivery shows up. You won't see any notification at the time it's received in the uk.

• Advertisement

so my maps started working also this morning all of a sudden. Nothing was changed on the phone or watch between then and yesterday, when it still wasn't working. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone want to sell theirs by any chance?

so my maps started working also this morning all of a sudden. Nothing was changed on the phone or watch between then and yesterday, when it still wasn't working. Weird.

Strange?! Maybe it was an issue with apple and not us...

Just set up my watch and everything working great apart from the weather data not showing up. Just a spinnig wheel when I open the app. Working fine on phone, and I have set up a default location. Saw on apple site that some people seemed to be having a problem with this in the early days and that a reset seemed to help. Did this but still no weather showing up on watch . Anyone else had this problem?

tonylee wrote: »
    Just set up my watch and everything working great apart from the weather data not showing up. Just a spinnig wheel when I open the app. Working fine on phone, and I have set up a default location. Saw on apple site that some people seemed to be having a problem with this in the early days and that a reset seemed to help. Did this but still no weather showing up on watch . Anyone else had this problem?

Nope working fine, I would recommend Wunderground you can select local stations and the radar isn't too bad.

Villain wrote: »
    Nope working fine, I would recommend Wunderground you can select local stations and the radar isn't too bad.

fixed it by re pairing watch with phone. Important not to restore from backup but set up as new watch. It appears its a complaint a few people have had and that appears to be the fix. Very impressed with the watch by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

My Black Sports Band is preparing for dispatch & will go via Parcel Motel. The green & black straps will do me for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

finno wrote: »
    Yeah i just checked mine and it changed to

Processing Items Dispatched: 5-6 weeks
    Delivers: 22 Jun, 2015 - 29 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping

I ordered on the 29th April

Looks like my ship date has changed to

Available to ship: 2-3 weeks
    Delivers: 17 Jun, 2015 - 23 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
    :D

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

**Updated shipping**
    Ordered 42mm SS BSB on the 18th April at 10am. Initially June delivery, 2 weeks ago it changed to 22nd to 29th June and today it was pushed forward to 16th to 22nd June delivery.

Happy days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Hi,

This is a bit off topic, but i was thinking of getting the apple watch. The only thing that is holding me back, the life cycle.

Will the watch have the same life cycle as a phone (iPhone) 2-4 years ? I have my current watch 9 years.

How long will this 1st gen of watch last berfore you have to upgrade due to lack of support from apple?

BobbyT28

Advertisement