Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Ugh just the exchange rate is really putting me off! But so want it

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

finno wrote: »
    Looks like my ship date has changed to

Available to ship: 2-3 weeks
    Delivers: 17 Jun, 2015 - 23 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping

Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Grey Aluminium Case with Black Sport Band
    :D

Just got my dispatch email happy days a lot earlier than expected :D

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just got my dispatch email happy days a lot earlier than expected :D

i had the same delivery times. Must check is there any progress

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

godtabh wrote: »
    Just got my dispatch update

Delivery: 25 Jun, 2015 - 09 Jul, 2015

I'll be on holidays during this period. Hopefully I can get someone to pick it up from PM
    Delivery: 15 Jun, 2015 - 18 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping

Its moved up a bit. Heading on holidays on the 17th. Would love it before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jimboroony

My 42mm SS BSB delivered Monday. Also got an extra charger and a classic buckle (black only).

Watch is fantastic, well worth the wait!

Ordered 18th April at 10am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ordered 1st of june. Shipped 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I got despatch email just now (sat morning). It says 15-18 of June but that's 9-12 days from now.

Will it really take that long? Or should I expect in Tuesday or Wednesday?

Can't remember the timeframes for my iPhone.

Beersmith wrote: »
    Ordered 1st of june. Shipped 4th

Jammy git. What did you order?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Sport 42mm. Ordered Today . You fiends have made me do it ....

Jammy git. What did you order?

Black sports 38mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

jarvis wrote: »
    I got despatch email just now (sat morning). It says 15-18 of June but that's 9-12 days from now.

Will it really take that long? Or should I expect in Tuesday or Wednesday?

Can't remember the timeframes for my iPhone.

Update for those that get a despatch email. I got the despatch email when o woke leaving now Saturday morning and it's scheduled for UPC delivery by end of day Monday.
    It's going to Belfast parcel motel so if they get it Monday I'm hoping Tuesday night to my local motel and it's my birthday wednesday!!!! Good timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What I find strange about this thread is that is just showing updates of people's orders. Despatch dates and Parcel Motel deliveries.

Very little comments form people who have the devices. So what about user experience, usefullness, batteries, apps etc.

It's very different as to how iPad/iPhone threads have gone and makes me think that users are not overly impressed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

murpho999 wrote: »
    What I find strange about this thread is that is just showing updates of people's orders. Despatch dates and Parcel Motel deliveries.

Very little comments form people who have the devices. So what about user experience, usefullness, batteries, apps etc.

It's very different as to how iPad/iPhone threads have gone and makes me think that users are not overly impressed.

It's a completely different type of product as its ultimate utility is enabling you to do things you've always done but in a different way. As such there's not a huge amount to report back with. The decider for me was testing if I would miss it if I were without it for a day. I did.

I posted my initial thoughts earlier in the thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=95306055

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »

Many users and reviewers have said it takes time to evaluate its usefulness. I was just listening to Gruber and Mark Gurman on The Talk Show and they both remarked that it’s not until you forget about it that you start to get a sense of its functional benefits. It’s not really a toy for adults that you can play with like a smartphone or a tablet.

Just wondering since UPS have my shipment.
    When i go to track my watch it gives me a choice to change delivery address.
    What if i changed it to Dublin would that work?
    Temped to find out

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Ok mine has just been delivered to Parcel Motel in the North.
    Anyone know when i will get confirmation for Parcel Motel that they receive my parcel?
    First time using Parcel Motel so not sure how long it takes

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

Ok mine has just been delivered to Parcel Motel in the North.
    Anyone know when i will get confirmation for Parcel Motel that they receive my parcel?
    First time using Parcel Motel so not sure how long it takes

You should have it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Have let mine go. Might try V2 but just too limited at the moment.

I don't know how, but there needs to be some better way to reply to messages, and Whatsapps and Vibers are non-runners. The lack of GPS also kills it for me. It consistently underestimates my runs by around 10%.

At the end of the day I found myself using it simply for finding out when I got a message. Some of them I could reply OK to, that's about it.

Native apps and GPS would make me consider it again but at the moment, I prefer my Omega by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

You should have it tomorrow

Mine has shipped Godtabh. I'd say you'll get dispatch notification tonight or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

watchOS2 looks brilliant!
    http://www.apple.com/watchos-2-preview/

Native apps, time-lapse watch faces, better Siri and 3rd party complications.

• Advertisement

Mine has shipped Godtabh. I'd say you'll get dispatch notification tonight or tomorrow.

It's been in preparing to ship for awhile. I want it now!

Spot on. Just got it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

quick question. have iphone 6 on 8.3 and watch.

how did you guys get the apple watch app to pair it to iphone.

my itunes/app store account has credit in it so cant change it to uk without losing the balance

am i missing something?

tvr wrote: »
    quick question. have iphone 6 on 8.3 and watch.

how did you guys get the apple watch app to pair it to iphone.

my itunes account has credit in it so cant change it to uk without losing the balance

am i missing something?

Why would you need to change your iTunes account to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

sorry thought it was a region thing. on 8.3 ios but no apple watch app. found it using spotlight obviously hidden somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

the app should be on your home screen somewhere if youre on 8.3

IIRC it's been standard since the 8.2 update.

Ah balls
    A late flight has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans and working to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

The watch is definitely a big drain on phone battery. Despite using the phone less its now dead by 6pm while it used to be 15-20% by bedtime!! I guess its because Bluetooth always has to be on. I had it in my head it would save battery as the screen isnt on as much :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Are you using the watch a lot? That could account for some of the battery drain. I've always kept Bluetooth on for my car so I didn't notice a big hit in battery life when I got the watch.

Advertisement