Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Nice idea, but I can't see how it would be as nice looking as my Milanese Loop...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Apple Pay won't reach ROI until 2016 at earliest.

Do you have a source for this?
    2020 minimum. Many shops don't even have terminals for wireless payments yet.

My local supervalu has apple pay terminals so do some M&S stores. I would imagine we will have by the end of the year. The September Apple event would be a perfect forum to announce additional countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yeah it's a security thing for contactless, no? Or is it just Permanent TSB?

If you interupt the cycle by using an ATM or putting in the PIN for a large transaction it's fine, but it's not possible to do 10 five euro transactions in a row in the space of a week.

Limited to three transactions a day as far as I am aware. Will go up to €30 per transactions in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Clem H Fandango

dubmick wrote: »
    My local supervalu has apple pay terminals so do some M&S stores. I would imagine we will have by the end of the year. The September Apple event would be a perfect forum to announce additional countries.

Well the Apple Watch isn't even available for Ireland yet so I highly doubt Sept, but I would much rather have it sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well the Apple Watch isn't even available for Ireland yet so I highly doubt Sept, but I would much rather have it sooner than later.

But Apple Pay is available on the iPhone and we've got plenty of them knocking around!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Nothing on the watch today? I saw a list of countries popped up at some stage but don't think Ireland was on it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

nope, ireland wasn't on the list for countries getting Watch this run.

All that happened today was 2 new colors of watch body(gold and rose gold) and some new straps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Disappointing that there were no smartbands announced

For those with the watch, watchOS 2 just went GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Finally took the plunge and ordered the silver 42mm sports edition (white band).
    Was going to get the space grey but I reckon a lot of the 3rd party straps will look better with the silver.
    I'm a gadget whore so its been killing me the whole time waiting till now to get it. I decided against the 6s+ since I already have the 6+ so that justified the watch :D. Roll on next Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Blazer wrote: »
    Finally took the plunge and ordered the silver 42mm sports edition (white band).
    Was going to get the space grey but I reckon a lot of the 3rd party straps will look better with the silver.
    I'm a gadget whore so its been killing me the whole time waiting till now to get it. I decided against the 6s+ since I already have the 6+ so that justified the watch :D. Roll on next Tuesday.

Took the plunge too recently but wanted the gold sports version which has a two week lead time unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

No watchos2 yet. I was looking forward to that yesterday but only found out last night that it was nixed due to a bug. Hopefuly the wait won't be too long til it's with us!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is it too soon to start the obligatory Watch 2 thread? :pac:

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Took the plunge too recently but wanted the gold sports version which has a two week lead time unfortunately!
    Let me guess the midnight blue one? I was the same and decided in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Is it too soon to start the obligatory Watch 2 thread? :pac:

Yes it is. The feckin thing isn't even available in Ireland yet.

How much is set u back? Really getting fed up waiting for Irish release but God the sterling is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

How much is set u back? Really getting fed up waiting for Irish release but God the sterling is crap

I paid €466 aprox for a space gray sport at the start of September up in Belfast.

around the 460 mark i think...everyone is mad to see it in work...

squonk wrote: »
    No watchos2 yet. I was looking forward to that yesterday but only found out last night that it was nixed due to a bug. Hopefuly the wait won't be too long til it's with us!

There was a bug that drained the battery in a few hours when upgrading to the GM, which was fixed by re-pairing the watch. I'm guessing that was the bug that held it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I am thinking of picking up a watch when I am in America later this year. Is there any way of checking stock levels in advance (is this as simple as a phone call or email to a particular store?) or should I pre-pay and opt to collect it in store to avoid disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Vudgie wrote: »
    I am thinking of picking up a watch when I am in America later this year. Is there any way of checking stock levels in advance (is this as simple as a phone call or email to a particular store?) or should I pre-pay and opt to collect it in store to avoid disappointment.

Depending on where you are going, I doubt there would be a problem. I had a friend pick me up one in NY and there was no problem. Didn't have to pre book a try on or pre order it. She just walked in and bought it for me.

ordered yesterday..order shipped a few hours later and now parcel motel have it in Dublin...hurry the frak up :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

ordered yesterday..order shipped a few hours later and now parcel motel have it in Dublin...hurry the frak up :D .

Enjoy 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

What model?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

To the Apple Watch Sport owners how long does it take for watch to come on after start up? Mine takes aleast 90 seconds is this the norm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

To the Apple Watch Sport owners how long does it take for watch to come on after start up? Mine takes aleast 90 seconds is this the norm?

Yeah that's normal, startup time takes an eternity. But I never have a reason to turn my watch off so it doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Apple Watch launches in Ireland on the 25th of September

http://www.apple.com/ie/watch/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Apple Watch launches in Ireland on the 25th of September

http://www.apple.com/ie/watch/

That's great news I can get mine exchanged soon happy days.

Just looked at the pricing Jesus €479 for 42mm sport! Thought it would have been cheaper !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Just looked at the pricing Jesus €479 for 42mm sport! Thought it would have been cheaper !

They were cheaper in Europe at launch but due to strength of dollar, things have been upped in price.

Advertisement