Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

FourFourFM wrote: »
    They were cheaper in Europe at launch but due to strength of dollar, things have been upped in price.

Yeah like I'm gonna get it but annoyed at myself now . If I had of known it be same as sterling price I would have just got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    What model?

42mm white apple sport..just picked it up an hour ago.
    First impressions are great..was thinking it would be bulky looking at pics of it on people's hands but it's nice and tidy on my hand and not at all bulk..and my hands wouldn't be big.
    Then i was worried about the basic strap but its a lovely soft plastic and nothing like what I envisaged it to be.
    Looking at installing os2 on it now at the moment while discreetly hiding it from the missus :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

At the price it's launching it, i'm delighted i picked it up in the states for $399 + 6% tax! :D

Jaysus, even the straps say a nice price increase over the $ didn't they?

$39+tax for a sport strap, 59euro over here...ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chemicalfred

Apple watch is now on sale in the Irish Apple Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Apple watch is now on sale in the Irish Apple Store

Available from the 25th.

Time to start dropping hints to herself. Christmas is approaching, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Can anyone give any first hand experience on the watch and having full tattoo sleeves?... I have full sleeves myself and talk of the watch not working correctly has been my main reason for not getting one so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Wow the pricing of the day watch in Ireland is higher than I expected. I'm in North America next month so I'll pick it up there instead.

The model I want is €429 here but only €350 when converted to Euro if I purchase it abroad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

faceman wrote: »
    Wow the pricing of the day watch in Ireland is higher than I expected. I'm in North America next month so I'll pick it up there instead.

The model I want is €429 here but only €350 when converted to Euro if I purchase it abroad.

VAT. Don't forget U.S. prices often don't show the sales tex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Could save a few hundred quid on the Milanese Loop model that I tried on in the US, it's gorgeous. Whatever about the watch part, the build quality of it is a thing to behold. I instantly loved it.

"Hi, AIB? About that overdraft facility."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Graham wrote: »
    VAT. Don't forget U.S. prices often don't show the sales tex.

You'll still save though. US sales tax of around 6-7% will still only add about €25 so the €350 he mentioned will become €375.

You'll still save though. US sales tax of around 6-7% will still only add about €25 so the €350 he mentioned will become €375.

Yup, you save about €50 by flying to the US to pick up your watch. Obviously only feasible if you happen to be travelling there anyway and even then only legally for the lower end watches that come under the duty allowances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

I bought an Apple Watch Sport 42mm in the U.S I was charged €395 on my CC.

Graham wrote: »
    Obviously only feasible if you happen to be travelling there anyway and even then only legally for the lower end watches that come under the duty allowances.

Which is exactly the scenario he mentioned.

Which is exactly the scenario he mentioned.

Yes, I'd read the post too but thanks for clarifying.

I bought an Apple Watch Sport 42mm in the U.S I was charged €395 on my CC.

€479 verses €395. €84 is a good saving. Well worth it if you're over there

To be honest, if i waited until the irish release, i wouldn't have paid close to 500 for it.

The euro is really crumbling towards the dollar, i really hope it improves soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Is it possible to order one from the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Price is the reason I haven't picked up the Apple Watch. At €349 it would of been a hard sell for me, anything over is too much. It is essentionaly an iPhone accessory too which means you need both which is over €1k.

Unfortunately there's no alternatives that are as appealing at the moment. One or two Android wear watches look decent enough with iOS support but because they don't have the full feature set when paired with iOS and they are usually a little more expensive too for a nice one I haven't found any good reason to buy.

I was hoping the second gen Apple Watch would be a big step ahead and get a price cut but the way prices have gone lately I wouldn't hold my breath.

I LOVE it, it's brilliant, don't get me wrong.

It's just 400 is the perfect price for it, IMO....i know it's only an extra 100, but 100 is a lot of money now a days, especially for tech that's going to be out dated next year.

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    I was hoping the second gen Apple Watch would be a big step ahead and get a price cut but the way prices have gone lately I wouldn't hold my breath.

I can't think of any iOS related devices where the 2nd gen has got a price cut. It might follow the pattern where the previous gen gets a drop but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I've had mine for a few weeks now, and when people ask me what it's like I just tell them it's the most pointless, fantastic, and cool piece of tech I've ever owned. I mean it was so frivolous of me to buy it, but I've been spending every single bit of my money on fixing up my house and I needed to buy something that was just for me and just for fun.

I'm very much looking forward to upgrading to watchos2 when it's released but for now I love it. It's not for everyone, and yes it's a bit pointless but I've never really treated myself to something like this, so to me it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

OS 2 now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just downloading it now, saying 50mins OTA on UPC 200mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just downloading it now, saying 50mins OTA on UPC 200mb broadband.

Don't forget that the time estimated includes time to send it over to the watch. Also I'd imagine the servers are getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Update done earlier no hiccups. I will have a mess around 2mo, going to the leaba now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Update done earlier no hiccups. I will have a mess around 2mo, going to the leaba now.

Goodnight and God bless :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Will the Hermes version be sold through the Apple site next month?

Are they only going to be sold online or will stores like Compu B have them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Are they only going to be sold online or will stores like Compu B have them?

Asked in CompuB and the guy wasn't sure. But to be fair the place was super full, the news was just out and that was just one member of staff.

Advertisement