Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

A little slow opening apps but I don't use it for many apps. For notifications it's fantastic and the battery life is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

faceman wrote: »
    Yeah it's about 8% in Vegas and about 9% in California.

Sorry. My mistake. Thought it was zero but I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Picked one up on Adverts this morning, wasn't sure about it when it came out, but after a couple of hours on it this afternoon I must say I'm very impressed. That fold out plug is a bonus too, fits snug in the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

naasrd wrote: »
    Picked one up on Adverts this morning, wasn't sure about it when it came out, but after a couple of hours on it this afternoon I must say I'm very impressed. That fold out plug is a bonus too, fits snug in the pocket.
    If you're like me you'll use that as your backpack iPhone plug and your watch will use the old iPhone plug. So much space saved :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Those plugs are £25 each !!

• Advertisement

My watch is being replaced. I sent it back to them to find out about getting the glass replaced because of a huge scratch that I have no idea how I got & got notification about a day after they received it that they're replacing the unit.

If you're like me you'll use that as your backpack iPhone plug and your watch will use the old iPhone plug. So much space saved :D

Yeah, that and a lightening cable fit perfectly into a pocket you don't even notice they're there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Anyone else noticing a serious drop in battery life since FB updated messenger to run on the watch?

eeloe wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing a serious drop in battery life since FB updated messenger to run on the watch?

Not here, but as usual, try an unpair and re-pair to see if that helps.

eeloe wrote: »

Not here, but as usual, try an unpair and re-pair to see if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Just ditch FB altogether. Even on the iPhone their app always seems to be a buggy piece of crap. There have been notable battery issues with the phone as well.

Replacement watch arrived an hour ago. Brand new, just needed to be paired & then the OS updated. Very happy with the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

OU812 wrote: »
    Replacement watch arrived an hour ago. Brand new, just needed to be paired & then the OS updated. Very happy with the service.

I missed UPS today they will deliver mine tomorrow. Is it a new watch or did they replace just replace the watch face? Can you check the serial numbers ? If it's a new watch I don't know why Express replacement is not offered on Apple Watch.

Totally new body sent.

What apps are users finding most useful? Surprised at how well Messages works, so convenient, and being able to get cash from an Ulster Bank ATM without using a card is great, ordering a cab via Hailo is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

being able to get cash from an Ulster Bank ATM without using a card is great,

Say what now? How does this work?

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Say what now? How does this work?

If you don't have your UB card on you or just don't want to take out your wallet and look for it, you request a code from the app, how much you want, then put the code into the ATM and out comes your cash. The phone app also does this, but being able to do it from the watch is pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you don't have your UB card on you or just don't want to take out your wallet and look for it, you request a code from the app, how much you want, then put the code into the ATM and out comes your cash. The phone app also does this, but being able to do it from the watch is pretty sweet.

Ah, I was hoping it was simply a matter of waving the watch at the ATM and entering the amount. :D

Still, interesting development, though.

Apple sent me back my original watch not repaired looks like another week without the watch.:rolleyes:

Edit: Apple are refusing to repair the watch they had my for over a week and are saying that it's not covered under the warranty what a shower of aholes.

Strange. What did you send it back for ?

• Advertisement

Strange. What did you send it back for ?

Hair line scratches on the screen Apple told me they would repair it and now say they won't. Apple will call me tomorrow so I hope I can get it sorted.

I put in a cover letter with mine saying it was the first time I was disappointed in an apple product in many years of ownership. Having said that, if they checked my account, I've got a lot of their stuff, so maybe they looked on it as a goodwill gesture

I put in a cover letter with mine saying it was the first time I was disappointed in an apple product in many years of ownership. Having said that, if they checked my account, I've got a lot of their stuff, so maybe they looked on it as a goodwill gesture

After spending €400 on watch and after only 2 weeks ownership I noticed hairline scratches on the face which seems common according to there support forums, I didn't think I would need to furnish them with a cover letter as like you I have/own multiple iOS devices.

After spending €400 on watch and after only 2 weeks ownership I noticed hairline scratches on the face which seems common according to there support forums, I didn't think I would need to furnish them with a cover letter as like you I have/own multiple iOS devices.

Any update?

Any update?

I sent pictures to a senior advisor who showed them to the engineers who then agreed to replace it. So when Apple received the watch the engineers could not see the scratches even though the pictures are attached to the case number so they sent back the original watch. They are going to send me the box to send it away again but no guarantees that they will fix it that's were I'm at now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Picking up space grey 42mm in morning ! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

Just picked up my Apple Watch ! Updating to watch os2 before I get into anything ! I wouldn't class myself as having tiny wrists but the M/L band was massive on me so switched to smaller one

Jesus, the reaction I'm getting from some friends is pitiful. And I'm talking about grown men with kids. I just laugh it off, but it is telling from their reactions that they're jealous. Not one has made an intelligent reason as to why they won't get one.

I usually end conversations like that with 'I like gadgets', and there's not much coming back from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Jesus, the reaction I'm getting from some friends is pitiful. And I'm talking about grown men with kids. I just laugh it off, but it is telling from their reactions that they're jealous. Not one has made an intelligent reason as to why they won't get one.
    I have an option of getting one for Xmas and this is what is putting me off, I currently have a pebble steel and I get the reaction above ,I can only begin to imagine what it would be like with an Apple Watch ...I have had strangers in the pub slag because I wear a smart watch 😠

Advertisement