Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

For me it is literally just a watch with the added function of notifying me of texts and phone calls so I can decide to take my phone out of my pocket or not.
    That's literally it.
    I like it. It's handy to have... If I lost it or broke it, it wouldn't be an automatic "must" replace. I probably would but I could live without it. Especially when I've got a couple of nice watches already that don't get any wear right now.

i know the feeling exactyly..my poor g shock is just lying there accusingly at me every time..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone's else's watch show the wrong date in calander? Ie the 29th of this month is a Friday but shows as a Thursday. See screen shot. Have restarted, changed what day the weeks starts on and still the same. Any other ideas?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Anyone's else's watch show the wrong date in calander? Ie the 29th of this month is a Friday but shows as a Thursday. See screen shot. Have restarted, changed what day the weeks starts on and still the same. Any other ideas?

Well spotted, exactly the same here. How bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Mine's the same. Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

As is mine! That's gas! I never noticed that myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Any good bargains to be had in Ireland to purchase Apple sport watch do ye know?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Billydoc wrote: »
    Any good bargains to be had in Ireland to purchase Apple sport watch do ye know?

Adverts.ie only place that sells them are Apple, HN or Currys online. CompuB have to order them in, not sure about iConnect. It's a really stupid way to try and sell something, not have one in store to look at.

Will they be an Apple Watch 2 September ye think? Maybe be better to wait for then....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Will they be an Apple Watch 2 September ye think? Maybe be better to wait for then....

Looks likely, and it'll apparently have the same form factor as the watch 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Zcott wrote: »
    Looks likely, and it'll apparently have the same form factor as the watch 1.

Could be similar to the iPhone 'S' cycle. New form factor every second/third year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

shanec1928 wrote: »

The same also have the wrong date.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The paint on the back of my watch is begining to flake off. Any one else have the same happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

godtabh wrote: »
    The paint on the back of my watch is begining to flake off. Any one else have the same happen?
    What model do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Paint? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Do you mean the lettering?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Space Grey Sport? It's a known issue. Happened to mine and they replaced it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Space Grey Sport? It's a known issue. Happened to mine and they replaced it.

That's the one. Packet arrived today to send it off

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just out of warranty on my space grey sport and this is happening too. Wonder will they give me a replacement :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just out of warranty on my space grey sport and this is happening too. Wonder will they give me a replacement :(.

Just claim it under the Sale of Goods act if you bought it directly from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just claim it under the Sale of Goods act if you bought it directly from them.

Would that work if I bought from apple.com/uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not under the Irish act but I think EU consumer law would have you sorted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You would need to claim under the UK Sale of Goods Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just checked and mine is the same ffs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This happened mine too. Are they replacing them without hassle. Sport space grey.

With yesterday upgrade os for watch coming.... Will the new watch be out later this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

With yesterday upgrade os for watch coming.... Will the new watch be out later this year?
    Almost a definite. Obviously it's a new product so there's no past history to go by for a release cycle but it's now over 1 year since its been released and due an upgrade. Apple seem to have everything pushed to end of year to take advantage of the Christmas rush of sales so most products are now released between September and November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Installed the GM yesterday and noticed AirPlay is now an option on the watch. Was also swimming in the sea and pool last week with no issues.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

naasrd wrote: »
    Installed the GM yesterday and noticed AirPlay is now an option on the watch. Was also swimming in the sea and pool last week with no issues.

The GM made the apple watch waterproof?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Graham wrote: »
    The GM made the apple watch waterproof?? :pac:

Last week??? The GM wasn't out then.

No, it was always water resistant but I guess they couldn't say it. I was in the water for around 20 minutes and there was no issues. With the series 2 I guess you can stay in longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Does anyone have a gold sport? I'm after ordering one but I can find any leather bands with gold links :(

Advertisement