Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apple Watch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Not long now till I order.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Jhaj

Is anybody going to order using Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Website is still down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

ON the site here on the iPhone cannot access via computer.You cannot get the iwatch delivered to the apple store crap.!!Never used parcel motel anyone ever use this for an apple product?

Never used them for an apple product but you can up your insurance (which is already at a standard €100 with them) to €500 for only €3.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Yep just ordered via PM but delivery skipped from week of launch until 12th May by the time I processed my order Sports Watch.

Get to work now!

Yep just ordered via PM but delivery skipped from week of launch until 12th May by the time I processed my order Sports Watch.

Get to work now!

Took the plunge ordered through PM 12 of may delivery date too just hope it get here now.Thanks

Just noticed mine says 'dispatched June'!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Lack of store pick-up and no warning that there would be no store pick-up is somewhat infuriating. Sales going live on the app a good five minutes before the actual site is a bit of a joke, as well.

It really should have been made clear before orders opened that reservation and collection wasn't going to be an option this time-- I would have set up a PM account if I had known this.

It's going to be very strange to see launch day come and no coverage of people queuing outside the shops...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I order both a 38mm and a 42mm. The 38 says delivery in May, the 42 says delivery in June. I'll go up to Belfast next to try them on and then cancel one.

• Advertisement

The insurance with Parcel Motel only lasts around two weeks so what do yous plan on doing as the watches wont arrive for another month or so?

Just noticed on the parcel motel insurance,Its only for 14 days does that start today or when the item is received by Parcel them selfs does anyone know?

fox007 wrote: »
    Just noticed on the parcel motel insurance,Its only for 14 days does that start today or when the item is received by Parcel them selfs does anyone know?

Think its today as it also should give an end date cause mine says April 22nd...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Wait until you receive notification from Apple that your product is shipping.

Graham wrote: »
    Wait until you receive notification from Apple that your product is shipping.

Only then should you order insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Never used parcel motel anyone ever use this for an apple product?

I've used PM a bunch of times, never had a problem and that includes orders from Apple.

Jhaj wrote: »
    Only then should you order insurance?

Yes, no point buying two weeks insurance now when your product might not ship for another 4 weeks.

You should get an email from Apple when your product is ready for shipping/shipping.

Yes, no point buying two weeks insurance now when your product might not ship for another 4 weeks.

You should get an email from Apple when your product is ready for shipping/shipping.

True. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Got 42mm watch shipping April 24th but that's on the American store.

• Advertisement

I read somewhere that you receive two bands with the sports watch but my order says it only comes with one!? Has anybody seen this before?

I read somewhere that you receive two bands with the sports watch but my order says it only comes with one!? Has anybody seen this before?

It comes with 2 different size bands (same colour). That only applies to the Sports Watch/bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Ordered this morning via PM. Estimated delivery is May 12-24. Now hopefull that they'll include the suffix in the delivery address as I used that for my PM ID. My order document just has my first and second name. Don't you hate when they specify information you can supply relating to your name but don't seem to specify it on the order confirmation? I've seen that with sites before.

It comes with 2 different size bands (same colour). That only applies to the Sports Watch/bands.

Oh right, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Is anybody going to order using Parcel Motel?

Yep ordered 42mm Space Grey Sport watch. Due 12-26th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Yep ordered 42mm Space Grey Sport watch. Due 12-26th May.

ye, ordered the SS 42mm with white band ships 12 May, 2015 - 26 May to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

squonk wrote: »
    Ordered this morning via PM. Estimated delivery is May 12-24. Now hopefull that they'll include the suffix in the delivery address as I used that for my PM ID. My order document just has my first and second name. Don't you hate when they specify information you can supply relating to your name but don't seem to specify it on the order confirmation? I've seen that with sites before.

Out of interest, for the May 12 - 24 delivery, did you order a 38mm version?

RE the PMID, I've found that if you put it along with your first name, in the "First Name" box, most sites will end up printing it the right way. For example, for Joe Bloggs -

First Name: PM12345678 Joe
    Surname: Bloggs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Would there be any use in ordering off the German store? its 70 euro cheaper than the UK store... Could use mailbox.de or something?

edit: got mixed up with the smaller and larger face, its only 20 euro cheaper for the larger face from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks! I saw on the site the delivery address did include the prefix but for safety I just decided to add it to my surname as in

Joe Bloggs PMxxxx

I ordered the space grey 42mm Sport. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. It's a new tech format. I wasn't the least bit interested in many of the offerings so far like the pebble. Looking at some websites last night with the moto and a few other offerings they looked kind of meh. In the end I trust Apple to do it right. They have before. For once I want to get in on the ground floor with a new Apple product and try it out. That's why I went for the sport.

The iPad2 was just released when I bought a cut price iPad 1. I considered the iPad just a big iPhone but the knock down price convinced me to give it a go and I was genuinely amazed what a difference it made and how wrong I was in my assesment.

I wasn't jumping up and down over the watch when it was announced but sme of the features look useful and I've a suspicion that it'll turn out to be much more of a device than I suspect right now. Just like the iPad, I'm sure v2.0 will be far thinner, lighter, nicer and with more sensors! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

There was a big debate about this on macrumors. It might come with 3 band pieces rather than two full bands. One with the closing pin and then two different sizes of the part with the holes. I guess we'll know soon enough.

I ordered two Sports models for parcel motel. 38mm white, due to ship 24/4-5/8, and 42mm space grey, shipping june :(

No email confirmation yet and the order status site isn't working but my credit card was immediately hit with a 1GBP test/holding charge.

Advertisement