Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

706 in page adverts - a record ?

• 05-01-2015 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭

Installed ad block on safari yesterday. It's been ticking away nicely. This page for example has 5 ads blocked...

But... Hit a site yesterday that gave me a whopping 706 in page adverts blocked. The numbers were going round like a very fast counting number thing...

I this a record ?

gugOs7F.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

When you have adblock, Dav cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Adverts pay for your online enjoyment. You are basically stealing the Internet. I don't know how you sleep at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I think it's a bit scummy to use boards and not contribute by letting them show you a few harmless ads. It's not like you'll suffer from them, and you are getting a service for free.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I enjoy using boards ad free, without the need for any internet bojiggery.

In fact, DaV is probably happy I'm able to do it :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Don't want me to use it for free? Charge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I think it's a bit scummy to use boards and not contribute by letting them show you a few harmless ads. It's not like you'll suffer from them, and you are getting a service for free.

Look at this cheese. I'm sure every single person who has adblock is not doing it as a result of ads on boards.ie. Ads are bloody everywhere and they f*ck up page loading as well as scrolling etc. And we're hardly gonna click pause adblock on boards and then unpause it for everything else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Rabbo wrote: »
    You are basically stealing the Internet.

Maybe they're just borrowing it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,822 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's ok to use it on other sites though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You wouldn't steal a policeman's helmet and go to the toilet in it.

Seriously though you should disable your adblock on sites that you value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OU812 wrote: »
    Installed ad block on safari yesterday. It's been ticking away nicely. This page for example has 5 ads blocked...

But... Hit a site yesterday that gave me a whopping 706 in page adverts blocked. The numbers were going round like a very fast counting number thing...

I this a record ?

gugOs7F.png

They're not really ads though. They're links to Amazon pages (to the relevant DVDs etc) that are displayed when you hover over them

If you disable Adblock on the site and hover over any of the flags on the page you'll see what I mean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement