Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapeworm- Cats.

• 05-01-2015 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.... Just discovered what I'm pretty sure is tapeworm on our cat... I noticed a small maggot like thing wriggling around on her very low back. Obviously she will be taken to vet first thing but I just want to know should we keep her out of our room etc until she is sorted? She often sleeps at the end of our bed and my better half is freaking out here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

If it's tapeworm, they are not immediately infectious so you don't have to worry about that. And a worming tablet will have her sorted within 24 hours. Check her for fleas too - one common tapeworm relies on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

boomerang wrote: »
    If it's tapeworm, they are not immediately infectious so you don't have to worry about that. And a worming tablet will have her sorted within 24 hours. Check her for fleas too - one common tapeworm relies on them.

Cheers for that.

Advertisement