Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wide shoulder men's shirts

• 05-01-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend any shops / brands that do men's shirts that are a good fit for a broad chest but trim middle?

My OH needs to get a couple of new shirts, just simple smart shirts that he can wear for the occasional formal day at work or with a suit. Nothing too trendy or patterned (well I guess stripes would be ok). Probably high-street brands would be good, don't think he's budgeting for bespoke shirts just yet.

He got a Jack Jones shirt just a while ago that fits well around the waist, but he can't move his shoulders without risking a button on the front or a seam at the back :eek: He's 6ft tall, so shirts need to be long too!

We both hate shopping, so any advice that could save traipsing around every menswear department in town would be appreciated! Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Lundar.

hi shortie chik,

you could try tall.ie, I have brought extra long shirts, jackets and so on (2-4 inchs longer than normal) from them for the last 2 years. They have always been very help full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

TM Lewin. I'm broad and reasonably slim too, plus I'm 6'5" so I know all about the length issue! Their slim fit shirts are nice and trim at the waist but are wide enough to carry large shoulders / arms, and are quite long. They are well priced too, €40 a shirt normally.

You can order them online and get them delivered for free to the Dublin store, so you can go and collect without having to actually shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭shortie_chik

Great suggestions, I'll pass these on!
    Thanks for your help!

Advertisement