Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows message

Options
  • 05-01-2015 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello, when I turn on my computer I get this message.
    'jusched.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'
    There is a Java symbol beside it. I have the choice to debug, send error report or don't send, as I'm using windows xp, (which is no longer supported) I click don't send.

Is this something to worry about and how can I fix it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Hello, when I turn on my computer I get this message.
    'jusched.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'
    There is a Java symbol beside it. I have the choice to debug, send error report or don't send, as I'm using windows xp, (which is no longer supported) I click don't send.

Is this something to worry about and how can I fix it.

Jusched.exe is the Java Update Scheduler. This process is installed by Sun Microsystems' Java to periodically check for updates. By default, it is installed as a service and set to start automatically.

This process is a nonessential process and can be safely terminated. Note that terminating the process will prevent automatic updates to Java. To prevent the Java Update Scheduler from starting on boot, open up the Java Control Panel and uncheck "Check for Updates Automatically. When asked if you would like to update monthly, choose "Never Update."

[From Google]

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭starlight09

Thanks for replying. A strange thing, I went into Control Panel and I cant see the Java icon.

Advertisement