Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stihl Kombi sytems?

• 05-01-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I recently purchased a tanaka pole hedge trimmers. being a big stihl fan i was hoping to buy the stihl pole cutters but could not afford it at the time. i was looking at the Kombi sytems that stihl have out and was thinking of purchasing one. i would trade my tanaka and fs55r stihl strimmers against it. that way i could buy attachments as i need them.

i am just unsure of what the product is capable of. has anybody used one or own one and what is your view on them?

Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hort101 wrote: »
    I recently purchased a tanaka pole hedge trimmers. being a big stihl fan i was hoping to buy the stihl pole cutters but could not afford it at the time. i was looking at the Kombi sytems that stihl have out and was thinking of purchasing one. i would trade my tanaka and fs55r stihl strimmers against it. that way i could buy attachments as i need them.

i am just unsure of what the product is capable of. has anybody used one or own one and what is your view on them?

Thank you :)

I have the km130 and the straight shaft strimmer head I don't currently need any other attachments as I have all the other stuff as standalone machines, it is an excellent piece of kit lots of power and a joy to use, you may not need it as powerful so the smaller one might do you, I don't know your circumstances. The dealer I use did me a very good deal, I can give you their name if you like. To finish you won't go wrong if you buy one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

Trade two quality products designed for their specific usage for one which will be a compromise product?
    I'd wait until one of the products you purchased needs to be replaced.

Trade two quality products designed for their specific usage for one which will be a compromise product?
    I'd wait until one of the products you purchased needs to be replaced.

I don't quite see how it is a compromise?

It is a fantastically engineered piece of equipment which can have more than one use but take up less space, for most people that would be a win win situation.

If you are already in possession of quality equipment which is fit for purpose you are winning.

If you are already in possession of quality equipment which is fit for purpose you are winning.

The op asked if anyone has a kombitool system and whether they are any good, to which I replied yes. Whether the op needs one or not surely is up to them?

• Advertisement

I have the km100. Its the middle sized one of the three available. I use it to maintain my 7 ft laurels, escallonias and fuchsias. I have done heavier work with it to like cut back escallonia to 2 ft, laurels to 5 ft and various work around the farm. It handled the heavy stuff well.

I find it excellent. couldn't fault it after 3 years. I am also amazed at how well balanced it is and its not heavy for the power you get.

I also have the pole saw on it. Haven't used the strimmer attachments as I have one already. As for reliability I own stihl equipment that's 18 years old and done a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Thanks everyone for your replys. I see Husqvarna have as multi tool system also. any views on Husqvarna and stihl if one is better than the other or if I should just go for the stihl. I priced a Husqvarna multi tool today and it was a little cheaper than the stihl. :):)

Is Husqvarna still using non standard everything for consumables?

Is Husqvarna still using non standard everything for consumables?

When you say non standard in what sense?

centre bolt collars and strimmer heads.

• Advertisement

Monkeynuz where are you from??

monkeynuz wrote: »
    When you say non standard in what sense?

Air filters, plugs etc. id say

I think stihl is better than husqavarna. Just feel better and i've used both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,907 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My last Combi lasted for 12 years of Pro use :)

I have the KM90r & I also replaced my old hedgecutter attachment - the new version is even better.

I also have the strimmer, pole saw, extension poles.

In my opinion nothing comes close. Stihl have always been the best. There is no question of compromise. The Combi tools are just as good as separates.

Hort101 wrote: »
    Monkeynuz where are you from??

In kerry.

Im based in wexford

There is a few places online that will deliver stihl products anywhere in Ireland if you have a look. I would find your nearest dealer though as they are supposed to be very knowledgeable in stihl products if they are selling them and will recommend a product for the type of work you want to do

Also you have something to fall back on if something goes wrong.

Just out of curiosity what happened to you kombi after 12 years Dicsodog?

Advertisement