Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a week away in Europe...suggestions please

Options
  • 06-01-2015 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Am looking to go away with the girlfriend for bout a week between start of May and September. ... Ideally looking for places where it has a few of the following:

1) beaches
    2) culture
    3) nightlife -a good choice of resteraunts and and pubs
    4) beautiful views in day/night of the city or ocean
    5) activities to do - tours /jet-skying boat trip, cycling climbing,kayaking...anything fun
    6) something cool and random that you would not get to do in Ireland
    7) romantic- are first break away together so would be nice to make it memorable but not on a really big budget :/

Not looking for ALL of the above....just an idea of places that I can do research on ....suggestions welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Lagos Portugal, you will need a rental car. Its great there.

Am looking to go away with the girlfriend for bout a week between start of May and September. ... Ideally looking for places where it has a few of the following:

1) beaches
    2) culture
    5) activities to do - tours /jet-skying boat trip, cycling climbing,kayaking...anything fun
    7) romantic- are first break away together so would be nice to make it memorable but not on a really big budget :/

Not looking for ALL of the above....just an idea of places that I can do research on ....suggestions welcome please.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭mcgyvor

1) beaches
    2) culture

check out croatia been there afew times and would recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mcgyvor wrote: »
    check out croatia been there afew times and would recommend

Was coming to post the same thing due to the list you gave.
    Ryanair fly into Zadar I think, and flights can be cheap.
    Work your way down south... Split is lovely.
    Get a ferry to Hvar / Brac.
    Dubrovnik is supposed to be lovely and v romantic (I havent been though).

Search for lots more reviews on here from boards users.

Advertisement