Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Requesting guest specific gift.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

kitten_k wrote: »
    There is a list but this thread isn't on it :( Wonder how that can be changed?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055792927&page=1

Well done k_k. Knew there was one somewhere - it is where I discovered Trent, the Legend.

This thread definitely belongs in there.

Mods, make it so! (pretty please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

My emotions over the last few hours:

roller-coaster-hi.png

What a gift to the internet, Lau and CG may you live in happiness for the rest of your lives, eating delicious loaves of bread and painting decadent oil paintings of stand mixers to hang about your home.

Please invite us all to your future nuptials. :D

Or....AIBU with that request? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I for one think we should have a great boards bidding war for a seat at their non existent wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

tba wrote: »
    I for one think we should have a great boards bidding war for a seat at their non existent wedding.

A plus one costs double!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Lau2976 wrote: »
    A plus one costs double!

If you are seriously considering the prospect of inviting boardsies to any possible future wedding, and I wouldn't be against it, you will need to plan for the amount of stand mixers, children's bikes, cupcakes and portraits you will receive.

I personally would gift you a painting of a cake in the shape of a stand mixer balanced in a children's bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

In fact I think I'm going to commission that painting anyway.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Frynge wrote: »
    In fact I think I'm going to commission that painting anyway.

It could become the OP's new coat of arms with Cake Guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

hmmm wrote: »
    How about a bad portrait of them sitting beside a stand mixer. "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you wanted a stand mixer in the portrait? Yes I know it sounded ridiculous, but so did the suggestion I buy a stand mixer."

In reality, for an easier life you should do nothing except decline the invitation. If they want to sit for a portrait, do some rough sketches and then never send them a finished article. What are they going to do, rubbish you to who-ever of their friends are left? One of the nice things about growing older is realising that cutting out so-called friends who bring nothing but unhappiness is possible, and good for you.

either side of the stand mixer, arms around it like it were their child.. a family portrait

crying at that image

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: I think this thread has long run its course! To save it from being bumped every 6 months, I'm going to lock it. If the OP needs it reopened, she can PM Toots or I.

So this is an update I was adamant I wouldn’t be giving…

Me and Cakeguy are getting married!

We’re having an autumn wedding and it’s going to be small, only about 40. So unfortunately no boardsie section. Although he says the ‘internet weirdos’ who got us together will be mentioned in his speech/vows so y’all will get an honourable mention and be there in spirit I’m sure.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the congratulations in the other thread. :o And thank you toots for re-opening so I could update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ah come on stop! That's amazing congratulations!

Wishing you many years of happiness

Ah go way!! That’s great news! Loved this thread!!

Huge congrats to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

We’re having an autumn wedding and it’s going to be small, only about 40. So unfortunately no boardsie section. Although he says the ‘internet weirdos’ who got us together will be mentioned in his speech/vows so y’all will get an honourable mention and be there in spirit I’m sure.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the congratulations in the other thread. :o And thank you toots for re-opening so I could update.

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ DO YOU NEED A CEREMONY SINGER?!! I'll do it for freeeee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Defo need a live feed this wedding!! If even just for the speeches - Really delighted for you guys - who would have thought a thread like that would lead to your own wedding?! Are you having a present wish list ? :p:D oooh and who is making the cake :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

A 100 pages later and this is a lovely outcome for such a crazy thread.
    Congratulations! Hope you've a wonderful wedding..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Congratulations - could we all pitch in and buy you a stand mixer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Massive congratulations to you both. Are you inviting the nightmare couple to your big day? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Congrats to you and cupcake guy ... ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ I can't believe how happy a story on boards makes me . Wishing you all the happiness in the world .

I think you should name your tables after forums on boards 😂😂

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

congratulations, can't believe how much this is making me smile!
    absolutely delighted for you both.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations!! So... do ye have a gift registry? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Brilliant! Congrats. This is the story that keeps on giving. Make sure you secure the movie rights. If ye need a photographer for your day, drop me a PM! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Schorpio

We are just friends :pac:

Congratulations Lau! Although based on what you said before....I think I need to reevaluate every time a girl told me she wanted to be 'just friends'....:pac:

This thread needs to be added to the "Legends of the Boards"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

This thread is like an old friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ninjini wrote: »
    Massive congratulations to you both. Are you inviting the nightmare couple to your big day? :p

Lau told us in another thread that they have now split.

Congrats Lau & CakeGuy!!

• Advertisement

Congrats Lau & CakeGuy!!

Who is this other thread and why are we only hearing about it now? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Congrats Lau & CakeGuy!!

That’s just shocking. I thought they were the definition of true love :p

Bacchus wrote: »
    Who is this other thread and why are we only hearing about it now? :eek:

Bit of searching later... found it... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105191578

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Congratulations. That's amazing :D

We should all pool together and get the happy couple a new bike :pac: One of these would be perfect :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Paddy Cow wrote: »

We should all pool together and get the happy couple a new bike :pac: One of these would be perfect :P

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I remember this thread but details are patchy.
    Is cake guy the same guy as board game guy?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Brilliant result :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lisa78

You're feckin' kidding - that's brilliant. Congratulations.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Congratulations - could we all pitch in and buy you a stand mixer?

For the love of god don't! He has enough of them. And I'm getting fatter and fatter because of his food. He doesn't need MORE incentive to cook and bake!
    Schorpio wrote: »
    Congratulations Lau! Although based on what you said before....I think I need to reevaluate every time a girl told me she wanted to be 'just friends'....:pac:

He likes to think he was just too perfect for me to say no. I think I was just worn down :pac:
    Paddy Cow wrote: »

That looks like we'd have an... interesting time :pac:
    I remember this thread but details are patchy.
    Is cake guy the same guy as board game guy?!

Tis indeed.

messrs wrote: »
    who would have thought a thread like that would lead to your own wedding?! Are you having a present wish list ? :p:D oooh and who is making the cake :confused::confused:

Definitely not me! I was very much in the 'single and ready to mingle' category when I started this thread. Had I known it would end like this I would have gone to the wedding to see what NOT to do.

We've asked people not to bring any gifts. No dealing with gift etiquette for us :pac:

He will be making them of course! One large cake and lots of mini versions of it to take home as part of the wedding favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What a fantastic outcome. A lifetime of happiness to you both.

This is definitely one of the better things to ever happen on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Congratulations, that's great news for both of you.

Any update on the original couple? Are they still together? I assume they're not invited to your day anyway...

Anatom wrote: »
    Congratulations, that's great news for both of you.

Any update on the original couple? Are they still together? I assume they're not invited to your day anyway...

They are no longer together. He's in the US with the kids and she's engaged to someone else afaik although I'm not 100% sure if they're still together. They break up every other week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

They are no longer together. He's in the US with the kids and she's engaged to someone else afaik although I'm not 100% sure if they're still together. They break up every other week.

Am actually not surprised to read they are no longer together although am a bit shocked that she is engaged again so soon - seems like no lessons were learned :eek::eek:

I think although you may be surprised at the outcome Lau - Cupcake guy prob knew all along :D
    This really is the thread that just keeps on giving - dont think i have ever been this invested in the lives of a couple that i dont know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I'm very sorry to hear that. As almost always happens in these cases, its the kids who end up being the ones who lose out.

Congratulations again on your own day anyway, I hope you have a happy and creative life together!

• Advertisement

I think although you may be surprised at the outcome Lau - Cupcake guy prob knew all along :D
    This really is the thread that just keeps on giving - dont think i have ever been this invested in the lives of a couple that i dont know!!

That's what he claims :D Says he was just trying to get the nerve up to ask me out when this whole thing happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Am actually not surprised to read they are no longer together although am a bit shocked that she is engaged again so soon - seems like no lessons were learned :eek::eek:

She is probably working on her new gift list as we speak!!!

Bacchus wrote: »
    Yeah...Trent who?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Bacchus wrote:

Yaaassss!! Would be well deserved!!
    Congrats again Lau! Delira for ye!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

When I saw this thread was updated I was like *******please let there be an update from LAU AND CUPCAKE GUY!!!!*******

I think of this thread as your thread, not that clearly unhappy couple.

I am so happy that one wonderful marriage is coming out of this mess.

congratulations Lau - and congratulations cup cake guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

OOOoooh the excitement! Congrats Lau and CCG - I wish you both many years of happiness! :D:D

On another note, I cannot BELIEVE that yer wan is engaged again! :eek: I have a couple of single friends (male and female), lovely people, never meet anyone and this girl has found another guy and is getting married again. It boggles the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Schorpio

OOOoooh the excitement! Congrats Lau and CCG - I wish you both many years of happiness! :D:D

On another note, I cannot BELIEVE that yer wan is engaged again! :eek: I have a couple of single friends (male and female), lovely people, never meet anyone and this girl has found another guy and is getting married again. It boggles the brain.

Who might the single females be? Asking for a friend......

(C'mon people, we need to get another couple together here! :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Biggest grin ever on my face when I saw there was an update on this thread, it could only mean one thing... and it did...

So have you..ahem..you know yet..
    Sat for an engagement portrait?!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Life works in mysterious ways. Congrats!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement