Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any dealings?

• 06-01-2015 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm just wondering if anybody has had any dealings with Marine Web Store Ireland lately? They are based in Killeagh in Cork and last Monday, December 29th I placed an order with them. I received my order confirmation email and a reference number, but so far, nothing else.

To allow for the New Years' Interruption I waited until yesterday to ring and called a mobile number, only to be sent to an answering machine. Today I rang their landline number and got an answering machine again, neither of which had any "greeting" just the standard "please leave a message", which I did, on both occasions, leaving my contact details etc.

Should I be hearing alarm bells? I'm based in Kerry and in the past I have shopped online from a company in Dublin and received them the next day!

I hope my fears are groundless, but maybe it might be a warning to others.

I will naturally keep you updated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Their web page was not updated since 4th of December so maybe they are still on hols :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,230 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They probably only went back to work yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

They probably only went back to work yesterday.

Possibly, but you'd think they might respond to any messages? I also rang twice so far today, on three different numbers, an 086, a Cork and a Dublin number.

We shall see.

Thanks for the response.

So, an update. I sent off an email to the company this morning, using their own web page facility and despite not holding my breath, I'm happy to say that I got an answer.

They explained, with apologies, that they are in the process of moving premises, but that my order has been dealt with and should be dispatched tomorrow, via courier and a confirmation is to follow as soon as it is on its' way.

So, hopefully, all is well!!

Latest news on the above is that my order finally arrived, yesterday, Jan 12th. albeit with one item missing. This is to follow on. I won't go into the gory detail of all the to-ing and fro-ing, numerous phone calls, different information gotten from different parties, incorrect tracking number, order re-routed, sent back to base depot etc. etc.

I'm just glad it's finally here, just so you all know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement