Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hybrid Bike Recommendation Please

• 06-01-2015 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi all,

Unfortunately my previous Carerra got nicked so I am on the hunt for a decent hybrid for commuting purposes.

I will be getting it under the bike to work scheme and my budget will be circa €850.

The bike shop that my company deals with stocks the following makes of hybrid/urban bike:

- Saracen,
    - Specialized,
    - Ridgeback,
    - Cannondale,
    - Cervelo,
    - Claudbutler,
    - Trek,
    - Focus,
    - Lapierre,
    - Giant.

My commute is around 8K in all types of weather and, as I intend having the bike for 5 years or so, i would like to have the option for going off road (but nothing serious). While slimmer and faster tyres are more appealing, I don't like the idea of skinny road tyres due to pot-holes and slippy conditions.

What I liked about my old bike was that it was durable and i only had one puncture in the 2-3 yrs I used it. The downside was that it was slow and heavy.

Before going into the shop I was hoping that some of you may be able to recommend good makes from the above and any that you would avoid?

Many thanks for the help.

D.

Advertisement