Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need opinion on this area of Crumlin

Options
  • 06-01-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

eecbde03f3d4bd75751968817a3e0aba.png

Looking at a place in this area and not 100% what it's like. Would anyone be able to tell me if it's safe enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.herald.ie/news/criminals-lucky-escape-as-gun-jams-in-botched-gangland-hit-30840139.html

But in all seriousness, it should be fine, like all places in Dublin you need to keep your wits about you. Are you coming from abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

There was another, similar thread recently: living in crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

I have lived in the Kimmage Crumlin area for over 9 years. I started renting on Clonard Road. My business is in Thomas St so the location was ideal for getting in and out of work.

I absolutely love living in the area. It has so much to offer and it is a real community of people that look out for each other. Like every where in the world there are some bad elements although the good far far out ways the bad. After growing up in Cabinteely in South Dublin, I can only say that I am lucky to have found such a good place to live.

The other part of living here is the convenience. You have every shop within 5 mins, schools, colleges, bars, cafe and everything you can possibly think on your doorstep. I love the area so much I even built a website for it to help bring the community together and to let people know what resources are available in their own area. So many people living here do not know the amount of facilities and services that exist. You are also around 10 mins from the M50 and 10 mins from town, use Cork St, when you drive. A taxi from town at night is only a €11 and their are buses on every corner of the Kimmage Crumlin block.

Make sure when you move in to get to know the community around you and you will be as safe as houses. Its a community that supports and looks out for its own.

Wishing you all the best. Let me know when you move in and I can point you in the right direction for anything you need.

All the best,

Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

energy69 wrote: »
    Make sure when you move in to get to know the community around you and you will be as safe as houses. Its a community that supports and looks out for its own.
    What happens if I like to keep to myself, is the "community" going to have a problem with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭energy69

No. You are right I didn't mean to say it that way. I meant. Getting to know the community allows you to feel a sense of place.

In this day and age everyone is so busy. It took me around 3 years to get to know the first names of the neighbours on either side. Although as I started to get to know them the sense of community really helped. I grew up in a community where I felt people were friendly for the purpose of being friendly. Living in Dublin 12 and working in Dublin 8 I just find the people are a lot more genuine and real. And helpful. And go out of their way to help you when you need it. Maybe I am just a little more old school and enjoy that feeling of community. Although in no way do I feel like people interfere in my life in this area or want to know what I doing. I just respect genuine people and I find I get this in this community.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What happens if I like to keep to myself, is the "community" going to have a problem with that?

Nothing like moving into an area and being full of the joys of neighbourly spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NYBAR

Hi Guys,

I am also looking at moving to the area, and interested to read Energy69s opinion. I too am from Cabinteely, and have been renting in Rathmines for some years and like everyone now wanting to pay my own mortgage and not someone elses has led me to Crumlin as I can't afford Dublin6 and I am unlikely to be able to afford it in the next 5 years. I like to be walking/cycling distance from town and currently looking at a house on Saul road just wondering what your opinion is, there seems to be varying opinions and a lot of scare mongering when I talk to friends/family and I'm interested to hear an honest opinion.

Inputs please, it's myself and my other half, we're 28&29.

Thanks for the input :)

energy69 wrote: »
    No. You are right I didn't mean to say it that way. I meant. Getting to know the community allows you to feel a sense of place.

In this day and age everyone is so busy. It took me around 3 years to get to know the first names of the neighbours on either side. Although as I started to get to know them the sense of community really helped. I grew up in a community where I felt people were friendly for the purpose of being friendly. Living in Dublin 12 and working in Dublin 8 I just find the people are a lot more genuine and real. And helpful. And go out of their way to help you when you need it. Maybe I am just a little more old school and enjoy that feeling of community. Although in no way do I feel like people interfere in my life in this area or want to know what I doing. I just respect genuine people and I find I get this in this community.

Advertisement