Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Rugby Clubs?

Options
  • 06-01-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey guys,

So I've been on the look out for a Rugby club (Tired of sitting on my trot doing nothing) and haven't really been able to find much.

Does anyone one have any good recommendations for Rugby clubs in Galway? Within the city area, or suburbs anyway.

A club with friendly people who are good craic but also up for a bit of competitive spirit!

Also, I notice some clubs charge memberships? (Quite expensive ones too. Not the norm where I am from)

Is this a standard for the them all or does it just happen to be the one I looked at?

I know a good bit about Rugby and I played it in college so I wouldn't say I'm a complete newbie however, I'm very out of practice that's for sure!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

there are 3 clubs in the city
    Galwegians on the Dublin RD
    Corinthians out the tuam rd about 15 minutes further out without traffic
    and OLBC who are based at the sports ground

membership would be apart of most clubs I'd say for insurance purposes as much as anything else I'd say 125-150 for the year would be about right if I remember what I paid. all clubs welcome new guys to training so if any of the above suit id say give the club a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Bogsnorkler

NUIG is also a club within the city. Open to all and have more than a few non-student players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

NUIG is also a club within the city. Open to all and have more than a few non-student players.

Oh yeah sorry forgot :o they are based out in Dangan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Amazed that there are not more Galway city clubs. Recall OLBC, Galwegians and Corinthians there in my brief playing days in the sixties. Connemara Blacks have been revived. Corrib based in Headford area is new

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

Thanks for getting back to me on these lads.

Have been awfully busy with work so haven't been able to give it much attention but definitely going to look into it as of now.
    Dying to get a game of Rugby in the future.

Miss it like I'm missing a limb :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Thanks for getting back to me on these lads.

Have been awfully busy with work so haven't been able to give it much attention but definitely going to look into it as of now.
    Dying to get a game of Rugby in the future.

Miss it like I'm missing a limb :P
    Season is as good as over but may as well join a club now get out training and be ready for the new season

Advertisement