Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 RBS Six Nations General Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

England
    philstar wrote: »
    i wonder will the welsh close the roof at the millennium??

Both coaches have to agree, the Welsh will almost certainly opt to close the roof, it suits them absolutely down to the ground. Better atmosphere, better catching conditions, easier breakdown.

The real question is are we gonna England on this and insist on it being open.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭penybont exile

Scotland
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Both coaches have to agree, the Welsh will almost certainly opt to close the roof, it suits them absolutely down to the ground. Better atmosphere, better catching conditions, easier breakdown.

The real question is are we gonna England on this and insist on it being open.
    I'd be surprised if it's not open .........

England
    I'd be surprised if it's not open .........

I'd generally agree, the only reason Ireland would choose not to keep it open would be to try and dampen the pre-match controversy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I'd generally agree, the only reason Ireland would choose not to keep it open would be to try and dampen the pre-match controversy.

Yeah, and after all since when were we in the business of being nice to Gatland? **** him, if the shoe were on the other foot he'd opt to **** us over ten times out of ten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

France
    Roof being open or closed does not effect anything really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

England
    As I'm there id prefer the roof closed - but it's what Johnny wants that matters

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

England
    Gits_bone wrote: »
    Roof being open or closed does not effect anything really.

It certainly does.

Especially in March, you could have any kind of weather in a couple of hours.

keeping it closed Is a better guarantee of conditions

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

France
    Will the Irish team be training in Carton House again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Let Wales do what they want with the roof and then rout them. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

France
    spiralism wrote: »
    Yeah, and after all since when were we in the business of being nice to Gatland? **** him, if the shoe were on the other foot he'd opt to **** us over ten times out of ten.

and can you blame him? after the way he was **** over by the irfu

• Advertisement

14 years ago now in fairness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

He refused to hire a defence coach. Seems like he's learned from that lesson at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

France
    14 years ago now in fairness.

and the irish never forget??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

England
    I thought the visiting coach had the casting vote if they couldn't agree.

vienne86 wrote: »

The default position is open. They just have to both agree to close it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

England
    But if it's closed, how will all the emissions from the fireworks, flame throwers, smoke bombs and other such things disperse?.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Will the Irish team be training in Carton House again?

Belfast this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

England
    So, Galway this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So, Galway this week?

Athlone I heard. I heard. I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

England
    Right, who'd thought it would be funny to drag this thread into a cave? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

So, eh, this is the door in to the Scotland coaches box after Saturday (according to someone on reddit).

B_GxpXoW8AAQ34-.jpg

So, Galway this week?

JS said in his press conference that they are in belfast for a few days this week

England
    vienne86 wrote: »

The default position is closed. What you say is effectively true because the Welsh have never opted to have it open AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

The default position is closed. What you say is effectively true because the Welsh have never opted to have it open AFAIK

You mean the default position is open? Both coaches have to agree for it to be closed, no?

.ak wrote: »
    You mean the default position is open? Both coaches have to agree for it to be closed, no?

Indeed
    The default position is open. They just have to both agree to close it.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Indeed

Sorry, I must have Some Attractive Genius on ignore.

England
    Just got my Scotland ticket today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

France
    efb wrote: »
    Just got my Scotland ticket today :)

Thats great news, delighted for you. I would urge everyone to not think past the Wales game though, lets keep it one game at a time.

• Advertisement

England
    France 26-man squad for the Italy game:

Forwards: Atonio, Ben Arous, Debaty, Mas, Slimani, Guirado, Kayser, Flanquart, Maestri, Suta, R. Taofifénua, Chouly, Dusautoir, Goujon, Lauret, Le Roux, Nyanga.

Backs: Kockott, Tillous-Borde, Lopez, Plisson, Tales, Bastareaud, Fickou, Mermoz, Guitoune, Huget, Nakaitaci, Dulin, Spedding.

So likely changes to XV are Kockott back in for Parra and Mermoz for Fofana.

If I were PSA, I would definitely look at changes in the back row, either Lauret for Chouly or Nyanga for le Roux, they need more dynamism.

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Thats great news, delighted for you. I would urge everyone to not think past the Wales game though, lets keep it one game at a time.

If we lose to wales we are playing scotland after they play italy on the last day. We could be chasing points for a championship chance.

If we lose to wales we are playing scotland after they play italy on the last day. We could be chasing points for a championship chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

England
    aimee1 wrote: »

Whilst I don't want that to be the case.. I am tempted to see what the team could produce if forced to score as many points as possible.

England

Have Wales ticket too! :D

Whilst I don't want that to be the case.. I am tempted to see what the team could produce if forced to score as many points as possible.

England play france after our game, could be wales set us a target and then we have to set england a target. Hopefully we are chasing a slam tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

France
    Stuart McInally has been drafted into the Scottish team after only one professional appearance at hooker for Edinburgh.
    He's gone well at club level apparently but this is a big step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Any suggestions on a place in Barcelona to watch the rugby this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

England
    Slightly off game talk here lads. I have 2 nights accommodation for 2 adults in the Ibis Cardiff gate this week. If anyone is interested in it PM me. Tried to sell @ €50 but had no joy. Unable to travel so had to give up tickets and hotel. Tickets sold not a problem but stuck with hotel. If anyone is interested in it for free PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Slightly off game talk here lads. I have 2 nights accommodation for 2 adults in the Ibis Cardiff gate this week. If anyone is interested in it PM me. Tried to sell @ €50 but had no joy. Unable to travel so had to give up tickets and hotel. Tickets sold not a problem but stuck with hotel. If anyone is interested in it for free PM me

If you'd held onto the oul ticeadi I might have bitten for the package deal.

England
    France 26-man squad for the Italy game:

Forwards: Atonio, Ben Arous, Debaty, Mas, Slimani, Guirado, Kayser, Flanquart, Maestri, Suta, R. Taofifénua, Chouly, Dusautoir, Goujon, Lauret, Le Roux, Nyanga.

Backs: Kockott, Tillous-Borde, Lopez, Plisson, Tales, Bastareaud, Fickou, Mermoz, Guitoune, Huget, Nakaitaci, Dulin, Spedding.

Guitoune is ruled out of the Italy match, Marc Andreu has been called up but we might see Nakaitaci get a run, which would be great to see.

Edit: Andreu lasted less than 24 hours in the camp, he's now been cut, along with Suta, Nyanga, Lauret and Tales, so presumably Plisson is on the bench.

• Advertisement

England
    England team named: Brown and Lawes back in the XV, Parling on the bench. Tom Wood back in for Croft too. Definitely a stronger team than the one that played Ireland so we got lucky I think. Goode, Kruis and Easter get the bullet.

Brown; Watson, Joseph, Burrell, Nowell; Ford, Youngs;
    Vunipola, Robshaw (c), Haskell; Lawes, Attwood; Cole, Hartley, Marler.

Youngs, Vunipola, Brookes, Parling, Wood, Wigglesworth, Cipriani, Twelvetrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭rudiger2.0

accensi0n wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a place in Barcelona to watch the rugby this weekend?

Dunnes on via Laietana is a good spot. In between the Gotico and Born. Next to Jaume 1 metro. Good atmosphere but get there early for a decent seat.

Le XV de départ:
    Spedding ; Huget, Fickou, Mermoz, Nakaitaci ; (o) Lopez, (m) Tillous-Borde ;
    Le Roux, Goujon, Dusautoir (cap) ; Maestri, Flanquart ; Mas, Guirado, Ben Arous.

Remplaçants: Kayser, Debaty, Slimani, Taofifenua, Chouly, Kockott, Plisson, Bastareaud.

24e et 25e homme: Atonio et Dulin

8 changes to the starting XV. I can't understand dropping Dulin, Spedding's only advantage over him is size/bulk. Mermoz and Fickou has potential in midfield but Mermoz has disappointed in previous opportunities under PSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He hasn't got a clue, he hasn't got a cluuuuu-ooooo, Philippe Saint Andre, he hasn't got a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭timaru89

England
    Nakaitaci's debut for France?

England
    timaru89 wrote: »
    Nakaitaci's debut for France?

Yep

He played in a mid-week match in New Zealand I think.

Le XV de départ:
    Spedding ; Huget, Fickou, Mermoz, Nakaitaci ; (o) Lopez, (m) Tillous-Borde ;
    Le Roux, Goujon, Dusautoir (cap) ; Maestri, Flanquart ; Mas, Guirado, Ben Arous.

Remplaçants: Kayser, Debaty, Slimani, Taofifenua, Chouly, Kockott, Plisson, Bastareaud.

24e et 25e homme: Atonio et Dulin

8 changes to the starting XV. I can't understand dropping Dulin, Spedding's only advantage over him is size/bulk. Mermoz and Fickou has potential in midfield but Mermoz has disappointed in previous opportunities under PSA.

Fickou is going to be one of the most influential French players over the next decade imo. One of the few Toulouse players seriously impressing and barely out of the u20s squad. The only reason he isn't getting more caps is because it's hard to justify dropping possibly the best carrying 13 in the world. So I'm really interested in seeing how these two work together. The future I think will be Fofana and Fickou, but Mermoz is a classic centre and will guide Fickou through nicely I think.

.ak wrote: »
    Fickou is going to be one of the most influential French players over the next decade imo. One of the few Toulouse players seriously impressing and barely out of the u20s squad. The only reason he isn't getting more caps is because it's hard to justify dropping possibly the best carrying 13 in the world. So I'm really interested in seeing how these two work together. The future I think will be Fofana and Fickou, but Mermoz is a classic centre and will guide Fickou through nicely I think.

I didn't realise Fofana was dropped. Not a major surprise as he hasn't looked like the player who was ripping defences apart in 2013. Mermoz has been playing well for Toulon having become first choice 12 at Toulon with Giteau moving to 10.

Bastareaud could be a great impact sub in the last 20 against a tired pack. Once he gets over the ball at the breakdown he's near impossible to clear out.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

England
    so what has speeding done to demand his place back over dulin?

i like speeding but he has been distinctly average so far... and dulin cant be carrying an injury if hes the 25th player can he?

• Advertisement
Advertisement