Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition

Options
  • 06-01-2015 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I've just received an email from Nintendo offering me a New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition Bundle.

Dear Nintendo fan,

We'd like to thank you, one of our most loyal customers, for all your support. To show our appreciation, we're offering you the chance to purchase New Nintendo 3DS now, and get it before the official European launch!

New Nintendo 3DS will be coming to Europe in 2015, bringing new customisation options, new speed, new controls, new 3D viewing and a whole new handheld gaming experience! And with this offer, you can be one of the first players in Europe to own the new system!

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle

For a limited time only, we’re giving you the opportunity to purchase our special New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle – that includes exclusive Ambassador Cover Plates (which won’t be available anywhere else), a charging cradle, and a set of Super Smash Bros. cover plates, too! If you'd like to purchase it, you only have until 23:59 (UK time) on January 12th 2015 to take advantage of this offer.

Wondering how many of us received it?
    Any thoughts?
    When is the official release?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Sounds interesting, but entirely depends on how much they're looking for it though. Do they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

i don't like these exclusive "you've got to be one of the lucky ones" email things they've been doing.

I "won" a theme and some other stuff, but it still seems more exclusionary than I'd like.
    wow, exclusionary is a real word too, I expected red line under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Got the email too and very tempted to just order it, I like exclusive stuff, and I already have my heart set on buying that smaller white model with the snes-coloured buttons. I think I'd prefer if it was printed with an exclusive design instead of just a removable faceplate though.

https://new-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-offer.nintendo-europe.com/user/login

The page is here btw, when you log in you'll be told if you were invited or not.
    (It's your Club Nintendo login details)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭narmst

The New Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Edition bundle includes:
    - New Nintendo 3DS (White) which comes with an exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Back), New Nintendo 3DS stylus, 4 GB microSDHC memory card, 6 AR Cards, Quick-Start Guide, Operations Manual. Value of €169.99
    - The exclusive Ambassador Edition Cover Plate (Front). Value of €9.67
    - Super Smash Bros. Cover Plates (Front and Back). Value of €9.67
    - Charging cradle (White). Value of €9.67

total = €199.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Price of it is €199 with €6 delivery. A bit much for a 3ds with new stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

An error occurred!

This Club Nintendo account is not eligible to take part in this promotion.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Yeah, that's right, I have received the email.

Now who wants to touch me?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

I got a VIP original ds before launch through a similar offer back in the day but am not eligible for this.........wonder what the criteria are

I'm undecided on the new 3DS anyway and would defo go for the XL if getting one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Have the invite myself, but have got used to the XL size TBH, so will probably be ordering it, but not for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't get the offer either. I would like to know the criteria too.

I actually have a lot of Stars to redeem but haven't gotten around to it. Maybe it would have helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Has anyone here tried buying it? Anytime I get to the payment page and enter my details, there's an error or it says payment with card unsuccessful (and I've definitely not reached my limit :pac: ). Maybe the server is just getting a hammering at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd be holding out for an XL, but it's the principle of the matter. I mean, don't they know who I am? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really want one of those but it'll mean some financial backflips and a cunning plan, possibly including humorously shaped turnips, to pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,628 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Denied! Depite being a 3DS ambassador. Maybe they know i hardly ever play it?

Don't care, though. Holding out for a MM special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

And it's ordered!!!!!!

Couldn't resist, as a collectors item alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I also caved and ordered it. Either it'll be a nice collectors piece, or it'll be worth a few quid 5 years down the line.

Everyone I've seen so far who got the email either say they're not going to get a n3ds yet, or they wanted the xl.

I want the normal one ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, is the suggestion that you order this and you'll have it shipped there and then?
    So when do the great unwashed get to buy one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, is the suggestion that you order this and you'll have it shipped there and then?
    So when do the great unwashed get to buy one?

On the order confirmation I got it said shipped within 7 working days. Now to see if they hold to that...

• Advertisement

Some people on other forums are expecting it tomorrow. So we'll see.

I wonder if anyone's selling their login on ebay yet.

Saw this on Neogaf, pinch of salt obviously but its a good source apparently

'Also for those wondering New 3ds NA announcement is coming VERY VERY soon. Allocation on them may be tight as well at launch.'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

I'd gladly sell my XL for one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Apparently people have started getting them already, so now there's speculation that they'll go on general release next week and fingers crossed for a Nintendo Direct!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Out of interest does anyone know what the three symbols on the 3ds ambassador edition mean?

630x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

gubbie wrote: »
    Apparently people have started getting them already, so now there's speculation that they'll go on general release next week and fingers crossed for a Nintendo Direct!

13th is the earliest for a direct (Promo closes 12th)

And a month later 19th feb will see the release to the masses of the new 3ds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

gubbie wrote: »
    Out of interest does anyone know what the three symbols on the 3ds ambassador edition mean?

They mean

*Boulder Dash Best game ever*

Based on my fairly brief Kanji knowledge

Its actually Nintendo btw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Original 3DS ambassador here, paid over €300 for it at the time!

Received no email.

I've my heart set on the 3DS XL anyway.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    They mean

*Boulder Dash Best game ever*

Based on my fairly brief Kanji knowledge

Its actually Nintendo btw

"Boulder Dash Sucks Goats, All Hail Repton" I think you'll find is a more accurate translation.

Advertisement