Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is Milner-Scudder in the AB's squad?

No. This is his first super rugby season. He played league for a bit I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Swiwi. wrote: »
    No. This is his first super rugby season. He played league for a bit I think.

He's been quality every time I've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭stl.ire

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is Milner-Scudder in the AB's squad?

Not yet. With emphasis on the YET.

That was a tough call on the Sharks I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

That was a tough call on the Sharks I reckon.

It looked tough to me but then speaking as a back like one of the commentators it was a bit too complicated for me. I'm not really sure what the Sharks did wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,817 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Lovely response by the Sharks

Bloody hell. I reckon MOC needs to write an open letter. Smit's has completely galvanised the Sharks. This is a test of the canes mettle.

Lovely try. Coetzee is having a great game.
    Sharks deserve it after being robbed by the ref (who has been very confusing).

bilston wrote: »
    It looked tough to me but then speaking as a back like one of the commentators it was a bit too complicated for me. I'm not really sure what the Sharks did wrong

"Changing lanes". If I understood correctly he ruled the front forwards shifted the point of attack before the drive or something like that as a sort of obstruction. Extremely technical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Brilliant!!

• Advertisement

Finally! Would be fair to say Julian Savea has been missed.

Ardie showing he's a Savea!
    Canes need a bit of resolve now to close this out.

Finally! Would be fair to say Julian Savea has been missed.

Definitely. TJ as well. This performance is all Steve Hansen's fault!

Win of character from the canes. That should be a top 6 finish guaranteed. Poor Sharks they get nothing from that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hard on the sharks to miss the LBP but Hurricanes went all right without 9,10,11.

Desperately unlucky for the Sharks to drop the losing bonus point at the death. Glad the Canes dug in and got it done. Nice win in that context.
    Broadhurst, Matu'u and Conrad were very good. Cory Jane had a nice game too I thought.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Tough call to wipe that try, didn't look close to being able to make the tackle

Excellent time for a try.
    Keep it like this till half time

You know syd, the highlanders could even win the SXV if they can somehow get home knockout matches. Can't see them catching the canes though. Lol force beat the waratahs I see. Can't watch this one I'm in the Swiss foothills drinking local wine after a hearty walk.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lions are getting turned over in the tackle every time and you can't give Fekitoa space like that..

• Advertisement

3 - 20 half time.

Here hoping swiwi, still think we're a bit shallow up front to do that though..... although we're a hell of a lot better than 2 years ago and significantly more solid than last year.

Love to get out of here with a tbp !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

The Lions...

Couldn't watch the seCond half. All the better it seems :(

Couldn't watch the seCond half. All the better it seems :(

Come on Stormers.

Was wondering what all the red/pink stains are on all the Stormers jerseys. Turns out its in honour of mother's day tomorrow, supposedly its red/pink roses.

Thats a bad mistake by de Allende.

Thats now the 3rd or 4th big scuffle involving most players from both teams in the first 31 minutes of the game.
    Bit of bad blood here?

Make that 5 fights in 37mins.

Very well deserved try by Schalk Burger. Hard to imagine he was fighting for his life 2 years ago and now they'd be mad to leave him out of the springbok world cup squad.

Stormers win 25-24.
    Lealiifano missed a conversion right infront of the posts, makes the difference between winning by 1 point and losing by 1 point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 300 ✭✭marc96

Jacovs wrote: »
    Was wondering what all the red/pink stains are on all the Stormers jerseys. Turns out its in honour of mother's day tomorrow, supposedly its red/pink roses.

Thats a bad mistake by de Allende.

Each player had his mothers name at the back of their necks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Jacovs wrote: »
    Stormers win 25-24.
    Lealiifano missed a conversion right infront of the posts, makes the difference between winning by 1 point and losing by 1 point.

Didn't see it, what happened with the conversion? Was he rushed, or charged down? Was it under the posts or a few metres to one side?

matthew8 wrote: »
    Didn't see it, what happened with the conversion? Was he rushed, or charged down? Was it under the posts or a few metres to one side?

Didnt see it myself, my boy distracted me. Saw the Pocock try about a meter or 2 to the left of the posts, and then saw the ball hitting off the post. I asked my mom cos they were at Newlands for the game and she says Kolbe rushed up. Dont think he touched the ball, just put the pressure on and it seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Lealiifano's kicking has been very touch and go of late. I can recall him having a few close calls with kicks in front of the posts in recent weeks as well as missing easy enough kicks. Far cry from being not able to miss against the Lions in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

Starting to feel mildly concerned about 2016 and the Argentine side. As of this month we have no name, no stadium and not yet got a full squad.

Are the japanese any further down the line? Is it possible they have been told to keep it under wraps until the season ends?

All feels a bit flakey to me. The only information I can find is that the team will be in Buenos Aires province, but given that BA province is about the size of France, that's not saying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Great win by the Blues today :D Luatua was stretchered off :(

the form Saili has been in the last few weeks makes him look like a great buy for Munster.

rebels currently leading the Reds 17-8.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Great win by the Blues today :D Luatua was stretchered off :(

the form Saili has been in the last few weeks makes him look like a great buy for Munster.

rebels currently leading the Reds 17-8.

If I'm a Blues fan I'd almost root against them given the season is done anyway. Probably going to keep Kirwan if the better form continues and I really don't think you can have much more time for him. They are far better at Eden Park, 9 wins and 1 loss there the last 2 seasons, and away from Eden Park an astonishing 1 win and 18 losses. And they get to play the Highlanders, Crusaders and Hurricanes there to end the season. Easy to imagine they win those 3 now and they say they're making progress, the players come out in support of the coach (who for me, like MOC, must be a very pleasant and likeable man and seen as fair by the players despite a lack of on field results) and they keep Kirwan on.

Saili is a cracking signing for Munster, problem for them is they never seem to utilise their centres well. Jean De Villiers went there as a world class player, made very little impact (apart from in Perpignan), went back home and became world class again.

• Advertisement

LOL Rebels losing to the Reds. That will kill off the Rebels season I would think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I missed the cut off on superbru for the bulls game, but iirc I selected the Reds sothat sshould get back the point I lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

WTF just happened. Reds now leading 39-17 with 16 to go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Good to see the Reds playing a bit of ball at last. When they beat the Crusaders a few years ago to win the title they were the most exciting team around. They might not get back to that level but when they play with a bit of freedom, they are great to watch. Genia as well is having a great game and he's another one that has a bit to go to re-discover his past form but he's really zipping those flat passes and sniping around the fringes with some intent again.

Graham has coached the Reds until now, a man called Connolly has been appointed to 'assist' him for the rest of the season. Perhaps he's properly taken charge. This is party time for the Reds. No way they could do this to a quality team though.

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I missed the cut off on superbru for the bulls game, but iirc I selected the Reds sothat sshould get back the point I lost!

This season is really hard to predict. Reds woeful and thrashed by crusaders last weak with paper thin defence. This week they destroy the Rebels.

0 for 2 So far with the superbru. :(

sydthebeat wrote: »
    0 for 2 So far with the superbru. :(

Did you see syd that Naholo is apparently trying to do a Ranger...and stick in NZ. Sometimes I wonder about the advice the agents give their players. Like if you still harbour a desire to play international rugby, don't yet sign a contract to move overseas, or at the least insert a clause that allows you to renege if selected for higher honours. Will see what happens here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Did you see syd that Naholo is apparently trying to do a Ranger...and stick in NZ. Sometimes I wonder about the advice the agents give their players. Like if you still harbour a desire to play international rugby, don't yet sign a contract to move overseas, or at the least insert a clause that allows you to renege if selected for higher honours. Will see what happens here...
    There's a chance Nalaga won't be leaving Clermont for Toulon. If he remains at Clermont then perhaps they'll be happy to take a fee to break Naholo's contract.

Really looking forward to this one.
    Could potentially be the final.

On naholo, wont see him today due to injury, but great to see ainley in at lock and hardie with their first starts this season.

Nonu !!!

Playing his best rugby in 4 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Nonu has started on fire against the Chiefs. Steps off his left inside the cover in the opening seconds for a nice line break in midfield and then steps off his right to beat the drift in the 9th minute.

Chiefs haven't got their hands on the ball yet.

Nonu on fire so far. What a season he's having. Just in time for the world cup too!

Im setting a habit lately of blind flankers swimming up the scrum on put in, creating an 8 man front row.
    Seems to be happening a lot more often and deliberately this season than usual

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Im setting a habit lately of blind flankers swimming up the scrum on put in, creating an 8 man front row.
    Seems to be happening a lot more often and deliberately this season than usual

Definitely. I think it was Murray Kinsella who pointed out that even Ireland were occasionally doing it in the 6N. It's something smart teams are exploiting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement