Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jacovs wrote: »
    Yeah but at the moment neither brumbies or stormers are assured of their play off spots yet, they could yet be overtaken and drop out of the top 6 completely.

I just meant at this moment in time the Highlanders in 4th are assured of playoff spot, but the current 2nd and 3rd team arent assured of it yet. I know all of us know how the log works, just from an outsider's perspective it must be confusing.

ah i get you now... yeah, its great i think that both aussie and SA conferences are going to go down to the wire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭Jacovs

sydthebeat wrote: »
    ah i get you now... yeah, its great i think that both aussie and SA conferences are going to go down to the wire

Just the next 2 games alone could shake up the log completely.
    Stormers lose, Lions win, thats stormers down to 7th. Or waratahs win and go 2nd and brumbies down to 6th.

Even though its confusing it does keep things interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

??

2nd and third will be the aussie and SA conference winners, regardless of league points

without the conference system the table would look like this

1. Hurricanes 57
    2. Highlanders 48
    3. Chiefs 44
    4. Brumbies 42
    5. Waratahs 41
    6. Stormers 38

I think it also means a team can have more points than another but not make the playoffs. Not thinking of my crusaders of course...

stormers destroying cheetahs 37 - 7 after 70 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

stormers destroying cheetahs 37 - 7 after 70 mins

Was an entertaining match 42-12 FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cheetahs season one big car crash. Something must be rotten in the organisation, Le Roux and Hendricks are the only decent players they can hold on to. Scrum has been minced all season long.

Finally watch the canes v Saders. Has there ever been a more inept line out display from 2 sides. Must have been about 20% success rate.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Cheetahs season one big car crash. Something must be rotten in the organisation, Le Roux and Hendricks are the only decent players they can hold on to. Scrum has been minced all season long.

Le Roux has signed for the sharks apparently this morning.

interesting how a half decent argentinian super xviii team next year will fare against the like of the cheetahs or the kings next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

interesting how a half decent argentinian super xviii team next year will fare against the like of the cheetahs or the kings next season.

They'll beat them. The argies are getting a good side together with a string of European signing coming back. I presume Creevy will captain them, he was immense, abeit at a much lower level, for Worcester against Bristol last week. Sanchez will spearhead the team from 10 although he'll have to bring up his kicking averages. Montero looked sharp last year while Tuculet did a fine job in a poor team in Cardiff. I'm sure they'll sign a few more European players in the coming weeks.

... and 2 good scrum halves in landajo and cubelli.

Le Roux has signed for the sharks apparently this morning.

Also Joe Pietersen the past week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They'll beat them. The argies are getting a good side together with a string of European signing coming back. I presume Creevy will captain them, he was immense, abeit at a much lower level, for Worcester against Bristol last week. Sanchez will spearhead the team from 10 although he'll have to bring up his kicking averages. Montero looked sharp last year while Tuculet did a fine job in a poor team in Cardiff. I'm sure they'll sign a few more European players in the coming weeks.
    Any chance of Urdilapeta joining them?

Any chance of Urdilapeta joining them?

Afraid not he's already signed with Castres, not suprising as his old coach is taking them over next year!

a mad stat....

crusaders are the highest scoring team on 410 points, but are in 8th position due to their points conceded, 345, a full 5 points more than the last placed team

edit: sorry, read it incorrectly.... they conceded 37 points less than the force in last place.

• Advertisement

a mad stat....

crusaders are the highest scoring team on 410 points, but are in 8th position due to their points conceded, 345, a full 5 points more than the last placed team

Yeah in terms of points/tries scored the NZ teams are way ahead of everyone else this year.. apart from the blues and chiefs while not head and shoulders above the rest are still top tier in terms of tries scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Canes pulling ahead already, NMS making all the moves it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Unfortunately stuck at work today and cannot watch the game but it seems that NMS is having an outrageous game again.

Will he make the All-Blacks for the World Cup, surely he has to?

Highlanders have a seCond string team out.

Highlanders have a seCond string team out.

What do they think this is, the Top 14?

• Advertisement

What do they think this is, the Top 14?

prudence ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Pocock gets another hat-trick, he is lethal at the back of mauls. Cheika has to include him in the Aussie 15 at the WC.

One of the scores from the Canes game, with some amazing skills by NMS

LateBlueGangesdolphin.gif

Any clips of this? :
    19.00: Wow. James Marshall slips through a tackle outwide. He cuts back in and five Highlanders players try to tackle him but they fall over each other one by one and Marshall scores. TRY!

Here's some short highlights;

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/06/05/hurricanes-vs-highlanders-super-rugby-live-scores-blog-2/

I can't check them at the moment but I'd imagine the try you mentioned is there.

Rebel 14 - 17 Bulls at HT.

Entertaining first half. Rebels being my favourite Australian side due to their struggles in recent years also good to see rugby do well in Victoria which is a massive AFL area.

If only the rebels could take a few more of their chances they would be well clear. Still playing good rugby, hopefully they pull through in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Rebel 14 - 17 Bulls at HT.

Entertaining first half. Rebels being my favourite Australian side due to their struggles in recent years also good to see rugby do well in Victoria which is a massive AFL area.

If only the rebels could take a few more of their chances they would be well clear. Still playing good rugby, hopefully they pull through in the second half.

Good win for the Rebels but don't know how the bulls were denied that try with about twenty to go when the 12 looked to get the ball down

Sloppy start from the Crusaders, the Blues are very fired up.

Ohhh!!!! Nadolo!!

That is unbelievable :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Super control there by Nadolo

Again the Crusaders are knocking on a lot - I've seen this happen so often this season

Ridiculous amount of knock ons between both teams this morning, the ball may be dewey but the handling is pretty poor.

Not sure why the Crusaders aren't going for the try at every opportunity.

Hehe, commentator about the new hooker coming on "he'll be able to stick his head into the dark place straight away" :D

Bonus point, happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ah disgusted to see the Bulls loose by 1 from a winning position. Think I was the only one to go with the Bulls in the predictor competition :(

Look like the crusaders are starting to fire now. Pity it's probably a bit late. Nandolo is such a beast.

Reds have started really well against the Chiefs. Don't think the Chiefs have been out of there half in the first 16 mins. Still only 3-0 down though.

Reds are going to pay for not getting points out of all their early pressure.

Heem try for chiefs

• Advertisement

Pulu !!

Incredible tackle to deny genia there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Chiefs have won the "What the hell is up with the jersey" Bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If MOC is taking over the Reds he has a big job on his hands...

Not much defence in cheetahs Waratahs game so far!!
    4 tries in first 14 mins. 14-12 to cheetahs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cheetahs defense is absolutely non existent. Waratahs playing really loose though which has gifted the Cheetahs 2 tries, Palu's pass in particular an awful decision. Hendricks was right there.

7 trys in the first half, tahs bonus point secure, and there's STILL only one point in this.

21 - 22 tahs.

• Advertisement

Just updating the score 21-34 to Tahs 52 ish mins in

and Le Roux is on for the Cheetahs

Edit:Whoa nice try from the Cheetahs

26-34 with conversion to come

Cheetah going to the bin for a trip on Izzy who scored anyway.

39-28 to Tahs

Conversion good, 41-28. 61mins gone.

51-28 to Tahs 8 or so mins left..

I think we have our 6 finalists:

Canes, Tahs, Stormers, Chiefs, Landers, Brumbies. Last week will determine the order, only certainty is that Canes will be 1st.

Was following the games on my phone and read this recap of the Bulls game. Havent seen it myself yet so cant judge, but seems everyone had fairly harsh words for the tmo and ref in the Bulls game.

"the Bulls were subjected to one of the poorest television match official decisions in living memory, as Burger Odendaal had a legitimate try disallowed"

John Mitchell saying: “I give up; referees should grow some ... and overpower a (wrong) TMO decision.”

Former Springbok and Stormers wing Breyton Paulse chimed in: “This is unacceptable, unprofessional ... it has spoilt my Saturday. That possibly cost the Bulls a playoffs spot.”

Returning to the testicular theme, Bok front-ranker of the 1990s Keith Andrews (@KeithKandrews) tweeted: “Refs appear to have no balls to make the calls! Who’s in charge? The lawmakers?”

http://www.supersport.com/rugby/super-rugby/news/150606/Bulls_season_ends_with_a_whimper
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Bulls-fiasco-Refs-lack-balls-20150606

• Advertisement
Advertisement