Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super XV 2015 General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

No way is Speight is playing next week.

Gutted the Stomers didn't win as it would have meant a Canes V Landers semi which would have been near a sell out. Can't see the Brumbies beating the Canes after another few long flights.

The Landers will put up a good match against the tahs next week, a home win certainly isn't a forgone conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Do the players in Super Rugby care about winning it as much as players care about winning the European Cup? Just something I've noticed when watching a number of matches, that players constantly turn down easy 3 points (when they are still in the game) and instead opt for the corner and more often than not end up losing it.

Also the quality of place kicking has been dreadful this year, particularly in the NZ and Oz conferences. I know Carter has pulled it back in recent weeks but I would fear for the Southern Hemisphere sides in a tight game in the World Cup when kicking penalties will be the difference.

Should probably post in the French Rugby thread or General Rugby but where is Digby Ioane playing next season? I saw on Instagram he said his time in Paris was up and I can't find anywhere online about where he has moved to. Shame he didn't stay in Oz longer he was electric when on form.

Semi finals are on now!

Still nil all here but the Hurricanes look lethal. This game feels like one where the floodgates are going to burst at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Hurricanes have started brilliantly, Brumbies cannot cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Hurricanes have started brilliantly, Brumbies cannot cope.

Only the Hurricanes can beat themselves here. They need to put something on the board though. The nerves could set in a bit more if they don't. Already have two tries blown through the final phase/pass being spilled and a straightforward penalty missed.

Barrett is looking decent but still a little rusty. Had a huge overlap there at halfway and went himself.

Nonu continuing his form and looking unbeatable. No right to make the yards he is. Brumbies clinging on for life.

I don't understand why they don't use neutral refs. You've a NZ ref reffing an NZ side in NZ here.

It was coming, cannot stop Savea one-on-one

That time the off load was forward, no doubt about it.

Edit, they aren't even looking. It was forward all day.

Mixed feeling on that penalty. Nothing in it at all but foot didn't go backwards. Just grazed the prone player with front of his boot to let him know he shouldn't be there.

• Advertisement

As dominant as the 'Canes have been, 5-0 is a poor return for the opening 25 minutes. They'll need to be a bit more clinical from here on in. They can't spurn as many opportunities against the Highlanders and Waratahs as they have done here.

Stupid penalty from Pocock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Fantastic rugby from the canes. They are just so dangerous

That interplay finally comes off on the right wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Brumbies looking terrible here in defense out wide.

Some of the tackling from the Brumbies is just straight up soft.

12-3 is almost the Brumbies getting off the hook here.

• Advertisement

Brumbies should be happy enough with that scoreline

Brumbies should be happy enough with that scoreline

Not anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Game over. The Brumbies have had to do a lot of defending so far and they'll tire now after last week too

How was that not obstruction at the maul?

Should of went with the foot

• Advertisement

Brumbies actually putting some decent play together.

Good captaincy here in taking the points. It does my head in when you see teams going for the corner with loads of time left and getting nothing from it.

Somehow, Brumbies are in touch.

So Brumbies have turned it over twice and handed it back twice stupidly in this passage of play on their own line. If they concede here...

Absolute nonsense of a decision there, glad the kick was missed.

There is the win

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Broadhurst has been brilliant today, my motm so far. Well deserving of his AB call up.

Deserved win for the Canes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Tah's looking skittish to put it mildly

Lovely kick

Good awareness by Smith to steal that ball, probably deserve to score based on their territory.

• Advertisement

Possibly dodgy call there, looked like he was tackled to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Possibly dodgy call there, looked like he was tackled to the ground.

yeah, thought so.

We're living off scraps here but delighted to be 1 ahead. Need to take our pen opportunities though.

If the tahs decide to keep it tight they will win.

England and Wales will be overjoyed watching the performance of Phipps and Foley, dreadful composure from both across the pitch. Dreadful decision by Phipps to go quick there, and turn down a certain 3 points and the lead.

Bad decision by Joubert, diving over the ruck is only a penalty if it's dangerous play. That wasn't dangerous by smith.

Naholo you beauty

Great finish

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Bad decision by Joubert, diving over the ruck is only a penalty if it's dangerous play. That wasn't dangerous by smith.

Wasn't a ruck anyway Phipps had taken it out. Bit bizarre after all their offsides that a wrongful penalty after the Waratahs crabbing sideways is the one that earns the warning. Excellent finish from Naholo.

Smith's getting no protection from his flankers at scrum time. Phipps is on top of him the whole time.

• Advertisement

Looks like a try there.

Edit, nope!

Edit edit, you must be joking me. He's trying to get under the ball clearly.

Yes!!!!

Penalty try

Penalty try coming up, was certain he'd finished it in real time. 10 point lead coming up and yellow card. Really harsh but Highlanders a fair bit better.

Another dodgy decision. Highlanders getting all the luck here

Huge decision.

Not sure I agree with it

I really think that is absurd.

Joubert and NZ again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've just turned it on, but that's an awful call.

You can build a case for penalty try, I wouldn't agree but I could see the case for it, but a yellow card is a farce.

Harsh but by the book I think. Take Potgieter out of the equation and it's a very likely try. Swinging arm to the face is a yellow too, even if not intentional.

I wouldn't call it absurd, if it happened on the half way line it probably would be a pen. But Highlanders definitely lucky with the overall resolution.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I wouldn't call it absurd, if it happened on the half way line it probably would be a pen. But Highlanders definitely lucky with the overall resolution.

If it was on half way nobody would have noticed and the game would have continued.

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've just turned it on, but that's an awful call.

You can build a case for penalty try, I wouldn't agree but I could see the case for it, but a yellow card is a farce.

Once he gave the penalty try the card has to follow I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement