Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Credit card?

Options
  • 06-01-2015 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My current Credit Card is a Clear Credit card and it is due to expire in April 2015.
    I am going travelling for 6 months in Feb.
    What should I do to get a new card? And what types are available nowadays? This Clear Credit was the lowest rated when I applied for it. I have a small balance on my current one which I will clear this month in full.
    Also when does the Annual Fee apply- the Stamp Duty charge?
    Will I be charged it twice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi whatlliwear.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]As you will not be in the country when your card is due to expire, you will need to contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 where a representative may be able to arrange for the early production of it for you. You will receive the same card type however, it will have the new expiry date.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Government Stamp Duty is applied to cards on April 1st for the previous year or upon account closure. Unless you hold more than one credit card, you will only be liable to pay this duty once. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on www.revenue.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hope this helps. If we can assist with anything further, please let us know.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Laura[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] 
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]As you will not be in the country when your card is due to expire, you will need to contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 where a representative may be able to arrange for the early production of it for you. You will receive the same card type however, it will have the new expiry date.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Government Stamp Duty is applied to cards on April 1st for the previous year or upon account closure. Unless you hold more than one credit card, you will only be liable to pay this duty once. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on www.revenue.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Hope this helps. If we can assist with anything further, please let us know.[/font]

Thank you Laura,
    Is there a fee for a New Credit card?

And are there any restrictions getting a new card when I am going abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Government Stamp Duty is applied to cards on April 1st for the previous year or upon account closure. Unless you hold more than one credit card, you will only be liable to pay this duty once. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on www.revenue.ie.[/font]

Thank you Laura,
    Is there a fee for a New Credit card?

And are there any restrictions getting a new card when I am going abroad?
    Hi whatlliwear,

Thanks for your reply. 

There is no fee for a new card. There should be no restrictions in getting your new card, this will be sent to your address on your account. However if you need any further clarification on this, our Credit Card team will be happy to help you. 

Please let us know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement