Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting new people making new friends in wicklow

• 06-01-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all, ive recently moved to Laragh/Glendalough and looking to meet new people and make new friends in Wicklow. I drive so location isn't a problem. Im looking to meet new people and make friends with males, females, moms and dads etc. I am 30 and have a baby with my partner. I find it hard to meet new people and I have my partners friends but would like to make some of my own.

If anyone is in similar boat and would like to meet up maybe send me a pm or post here.

Perhaps if you are in any of theses areas we could organise a meetup Moneystown, Annamoe, Roundwood, Kilmcanogue, Bray etc etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Might be an idea to add a few things about your interests and the like - could help trigger a response!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pblong

Hi there. Im also in a similar situation and live quite close by. My husband is from wicklow but I find it incredibly hard to make\find friends there.i also have a young baby and find it can be quite isolating. Are you male or female? Dont know how you get in touch on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

There's a mountain biking track nearby and many walking groups who meet and walk around that area.

http://walkers.meetup.com/cities/ie/wicklow/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Are you interested in playing Bridge? There are at least 2 bridge clubs in Roundwood. Also set dancing is a great enjoyable activity.
    Have a look at Roundwood notes here >>>>http://www.roundwood.ie/2015/01/roundwood-notes-5th-of-january-2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Raighne

We recently setup an athletics club for Laragh/Glendalough (Glendalough AC). All levels are welcome and we currently train Thursday evenings from 7 pm.

Our temporary website is here: http://glendaloughac.blogspot.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 roomwithaview

Cheers everyone thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Snaga wrote: »
    Might be an idea to add a few things about your interests and the like - could help trigger a response!

I agree with this.

If you gave us ideas of your interests it would help.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Yeh sorry I was going to post a bit more :) I'm into creative writing, reading, education-children's education as well as adult learning, walking, travel, movies, painting and music.

I'm a 30 year old female, qualified primary school teacher with a 7 month old daughter.

Thanks everyone for your replies so far I appreciate the help and advice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I just moved to Bray and am a stay at home mum with an 18 month old and another on the way. Maybe we could organise a mum's coffee meet-up or something? There's probably a few people in a similar situation around :)

Woshy wrote: »
    I just moved to Bray and am a stay at home mum with an 18 month old and another on the way. Maybe we could organise a mum's coffee meet-up or something? There's probably a few people in a similar situation around :)

Hi woshy! Nice to meet you :) il send you a pm there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Check out L'il Rascals Playgroup Bray on Facebook...

"L'il Rascals Baby & Toddler playgroup Bray is a relaxed and friendly group located on the Southern Cross Road in Bray. Parents/minders with babies and toddlers are welcome to join us for tea/coffee and chat, while the little ones have fun with lots of toys, Stretch-n-Grow sessions and fun outings/parties.

Meetings are every Wednesday afternoon from 2pm - 4.00pm. Admission is just €3 per family.

Located in Cois Sleibh Hall, off Southern Cross Road, Bray beside Shoreline Leisure Centre.

For more information call our group leader Shelly on 086 194 3829"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I'm a stay at home mom, have a 4 year old and another on the way.

Would be really interested in something like a coffee morning. I live in Bray, moved here a few months ago but don't drive so that's the only thing :( the shoreline is within walking distance so the meet up sounds great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Was just coming here to post something similar. Im at home with 4month old twins. I don't know any other mothers so would love to meet for coffee/lunch. Keep me posted if you get something arranged. ��

Haven't been to any parent baby groups as there is none in my area and tbh I'm not sure what they do there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Was just coming here to post something similar. Im at home with 4month old twins. I don't know any other mothers so would love to meet for coffee/lunch. Keep me posted if you get something arranged. ��

Haven't been to any parent baby groups as there is none in my area and tbh I'm not sure what they do there!!

What area are you in? Your PHN should be able to help you out with a list of groups etc.

The baby groups are all about the parents! It's a chance to have a chat and a cuppa and if you're lucky your babies might have a nap or be happy lying on the playmat while you drink your tea before it gets cold! The great thing is that you have common ground with all the people there so the chat comes easily and hopefully you'll build up a nice network of friends.

The toddler groups are more about the kids - they're a bit more hectic and the parents need to keep a closer eye on the kids so there's less chance for chat.

What area are you in? Your PHN should be able to help you out with a list of groups etc.

The baby groups are all about the parents! It's a chance to have a chat and a cuppa and if you're lucky your babies might have a nap or be happy lying on the playmat while you drink your tea before it gets cold! The great thing is that you have common ground with all the people there so the chat comes easily and hopefully you'll build up a nice network of friends.

The toddler groups are more about the kids - they're a bit more hectic and the parents need to keep a closer eye on the kids so there's less chance for chat.

Thanks, I'm in arklow. it's near impossible to get a hold of the phn. I have searched, but it seems to be only toddler groups or breastfeeding support groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Thanks, I'm in arklow. it's near impossible to get a hold of the phn. I have searched, but it seems to be only toddler groups or breastfeeding support groups.

Oh dear - yes it can be hard to find groups if you're not bf-ing which is unfair. Is there a drop-in session at the health clinic you could get the phn there and ask for advice?

Oh dear - yes it can be hard to find groups if you're not bf-ing which is unfair. Is there a drop-in session at the health clinic you could get the phn there and ask for advice?

I'm not sure tbh, maybe I'll call the health centre tomorrow and ask. It doubled be so nice to meet other mums!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Myself and orchidrpretty are meeting for a mother and baby coffee in Bray one afternoon in a couple of weeks. If any other mums are interested please feel free to pm me :)

Advertisement