Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of Lamb cuts to use for a curry

Options
  • 06-01-2015 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone has used either neck or breast of lamb in currys.. I have some left over in the freezer from a lamb earlier in year and looking for ideas to cook it..
    Some of it is fatty...
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Shoulder is my favourite cut for a curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'd also go for shoulder but from what you have I think neck would be good in a curry but breast may be too fatty.

I'd sooner slow roast the breast to render some of the fat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

I'd also go for shoulder but from what you have I think neck would be good in a curry but breast may be too fatty.

I'd sooner slow roast the breast to render some of the fat out.

Agree with shoulder-or if you want to try something a little different but imho similar but tastier (and cheaper) try goat...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

No point recommending shoulder or goat if the OP doesn't have it in his freezer right:)

Neck is fantastic in curry just as it is in a stew, breast of lamb is a bothersome cut in my experience, prob best to roast it and pick the meat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

No point recommending shoulder or goat if the OP doesn't have it in his freezer right:)

Neck is fantastic in curry just as it is in a stew, breast of lamb is a bothersome cut in my experience, prob best to roast it and pick the meat out.

Has the OP looked deep enough in his freezer? He MUST have goat there somewhere :pac:

Whoops sorry OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Zippy2010

thanks everyone for your responses. No goat I am afraid... will try the neck for the curry. no shoulder.. will ask for that they next time.. we usually keep the full leg...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Gigot chops make for an excellent curry. Lots of bone and cheap too.

Advertisement