Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas to look for flats in Dublin

Options
  • 06-01-2015 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I might be asking opinions on some specific areas of Dublin center for living in the next few days so will really welcome your opinion. I have seen some flats in Gardiner place. How is the area in general? Will it suit mature professionals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

A Dublin bus driver told me about 2 years ago that they stop parking the buses up at Mountjoy park after 6pm because of the drug and alcohol use, and there isn't much street lighting. So a bit dodgy. even in daylight it's swimming with people stoned out of their minds.
    Unless your into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I moved to Capel St just before Christmas and so far its perfect. Really central and surprisingly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chryan

Thanks will cancel the viewing then! The landlord confused me by saying its a quiet area when I have been warned already.

Unfortunately no flats in capel street area at the moment to suit our budget.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are not too many parts of Dublin you won't find the odd drunk or junkie staggering around. It's perfectly safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Chryan

Thanks. Hows Dublin 3, Ossory Road area? I see the flats are cheaper round there..any particular reason apart from that the exterior of the flats are not that pretty? I have limited time in Dublinthis week so am trying to only look at places that I would genuinely be interested in - and the area / commute is by far the most important factor for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Chryan wrote: »
    Thanks. Hows Dublin 3, Ossory Road area? I see the flats are cheaper round there...

Train line runs right behind it I think so not good for a light sleeper... although the nearest DART stations are back at Clontarf or closer to town at Connolly.
    Also, the approximate area is earmarked as potential entry point for DART Underground if it gets the go-ahead.

Previous thread here about Crosbie's Yard on Ossory Road might be worth reading for reasons on why it should be avoided...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056819672

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Go and talk to people who actually live in the areas you are interested in. Some very precious people on boards.

Advertisement