Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package to allow calls in UK/ROI no roaming fees

Options
  • 06-01-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I am looking for the best option for making calls to mobiles/landlines in both Ireland and the UK from either location.
    1. I live in Dundalk.
    2. Frequently in N. Ireland.
    3. Need a package where no roaming charges occur.
    4. Ideally would like unlimited calls to both UK and ROI numbers.

I had a good look today at plans in both Ireland and UK and the Vodafone Red Business looks ideal except I am not a fan of a 24 month contract.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/small-business/phones-plans/red-business

There are options like using skype for mobile calls in the UK via the data end of a plan and that might actually work?

See attached image. €18.44 for unlimited landline and mobiles in six countries.

If using Skype then the best plan option would be 3 for the feel at home plan with no roaming?

I would prefer a sim only rolling 30 day contract - see no real upside to a 24 month plan but am open to opinions! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm not sure on the details, but doesn't Three Like Home give a similar package?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

No, that allows you to use your ROI number when in the UK without charges for calling ROI numbers.

They fall down if you want to have the 1 sim doing both UK & ROI mobiles and landlines.

The skype angle may well work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Vodafone Red Sim Only 30 Day is €30 per month.

Add the free roaming add-in, and for €1.99 per day roaming up there, you can use 200MB and all your inclusive calls and texts.

It's the best that you're going to get without going for 3's Unlimited SIM Only plan with Three Like home, coming in at €42 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks Static.
    Will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

The Guvnor wrote: »
    I am looking for the best option for making calls to mobiles/landlines in both Ireland and the UK from either location.
    1. I live in Dundalk.
    2. Frequently in N. Ireland.
    3. Need a package where no roaming charges occur.
    4. Ideally would like unlimited calls to both UK and ROI numbers.

Meteor PAYG €20pm unlimited voice calls & 4G data in ROI. Meteor offer free incoming roaming calls anywhere in Europe, so you will also have unlimited incoming voice calls when in NI. 99c per day flat rate for 50MB data when roaming in NI. You get 400 free webtexts including 100 international which can be used either in NI or ROI. The MyMeteor app makes it as easy to send webtexts as normal texts. You could use the savings vs Vodafone or 3 to buy some credit on Skype-out, which would let you originate calls in NI to people who aren't on Skype/Viber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

Top up google hangouts and use calls on a PAYG basis, first minute is free I think and then after that it's 1 cent to landlines and 3 cent to mobiles.

Advertisement