Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Help

Options
  • 06-01-2015 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi

I wanna use a code for some data. I wanna just enter the code on the worksheet but don't need the data to appear on the same worksheet. I have it on a separate worksheet. e.g 1 would represent Kilkenny, 2 Tipperary 3 Cork etc. Is Vlookup what I'm looking for here or is it something else?

Bear with me, only getting used to excel

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Something else.

Have a look at this : http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/excel2007/excel2007s8p7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Follow the Plan

Also is there a way of having the code floating as you work on the worksheet instead when you forget that 1 represents Kilkenny that you have to go back to the other worksheet to see what represents Kilkenny.

Maybe that's where a good memory comes in!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Also is there a way of having the code floating as you work on the worksheet instead when you forget that 1 represents Kilkenny that you have to go back to the other worksheet to see what represents Kilkenny.

Maybe that's where a good memory comes in!!
    It's called paper, print it off and leave it on your desk.

Advertisement