Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog walking Dublin ideas

• 06-01-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Now the nights are getting milder has any one any suggestions for walking dogs in the evenings that are well lit areas but where they can be off lead for some of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

North or South Dublin?

On the Northside, the promenade by the Clontarf Road is lit and far enough away from cars to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

North or South Dublin?

On the Northside, the promenade by the Clontarf Road is lit and far enough away from cars to be safe.

Only if your dog has good recall. I know a few people who've stupidly let their no-recall dogs off there and had them run out onto the road(!) :rolleyes:

The cold weather hasn't really started yet OP - roll on frosty walks! Love them! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

tk123 wrote: »
    Only if your dog has good recall. I know a few people who've stupidly let their no-recall dogs off there and had them run out onto the road(!) :rolleyes:

The cold weather hasn't really started yet OP - roll on frosty walks! Love them! :p

I hear ya! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭beccaboom

I'm south side and stuck in tonight cause the weather is horrendous. My usual spots are tymon park and the local estates but I find when walking the footpaths I can't let the dogs off their leads as I don't trust them with roads. They are grand in open spaces but unfortunately there aren't many that are well lit

Advertisement