Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for Stephanie Roche FIFA Goal 2014

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Yes, Stephanie's goal got nominated for the Puskas award, did you not read the OP of the thread? :confused:

Benayouns goal.

So I presume you think Pirlos penalty against England at Euro 2012 was just as good as someone dinking a penalty in a pre season friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

millie35 wrote: »
    just voted for Stephanie's goal

Just voted again on my mobile :D

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Benayouns goal.

So I presume you think Pirlos penalty against England at Euro 2012 was just as good as someone dinking a penalty in a pre season friendly?

Bennys goal was not a penalty, you need to try harder.

Bennys goal was not a penalty, you need to try harder.

You keep on voting for Roche. :)

You keep on voting for Roche. :)

How many times did you vote for RVP ?
    More than Once I would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭Odelay

Just voted again on my mobile :D

So have I, vote early and vote often.

How many times did you vote for RVP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Voted for James Rodriguez

And I would imagine a lot of united supporters have voted for RVP's goal because its RVP

(and James Rodrigez from Madrid fans )

• Advertisement

And I would imagine a lot of united supporters have voted for RVP's goal because its RVP

Well I'm a Liverpool supporter who doesn't like to see Utd do well so there's your theory gone out the window.

She's getting votes because she's Irish, not because it's the best goal. I hope the geographical spread of votes is released when she finishes 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Well I'm a Liverpool supporter who doesn't like to see Utd do well so there's your theory gone out the window.

She's getting votes because she's Irish, not because it's the best goal. I hope the geographical spread of votes is released when she finishes 3rd.
    He was talking about utd fans, how is his theory gone out the window?

He was talking about utd fans, how is his theory gone out the window?

Because I'm a Liverpool fan who doesn't like Utd so team loyalty doesn't matter.

Liverpool supporter as well Gits. All I was saying was that people will vote for their own, yes Irish people will have voted for Stephanie because she is Irish, just like a lot of united or Madrid fans will vote for the other two nominees.

I would imagine there are more united fans worldwide and Madrid fans for that matter, than the population of our country, would you agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

gladrags wrote: »
    Stephanie Roche is on her way to Zurich for tomorrow nights FIFA Goal of the 2014
    ceremony.

If Stephanie wins it will be a momentus and historic day,for Irish sport,for Irish soccer,and for womens sport.

Vote here

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

Good luck to her, great goal, but a historic day for Irish sport?

I doubt 0.1% of the population could name last years winner without google!

• Advertisement

by the way Gits, I found Yossi's goal on youtube, just for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqBXfVHUoU

Liverpool supporter as well Gits. All I was saying was that people will vote for their own, yes Irish people will have voted for Stephanie because she is Irish, just like a lot of united or Madrid fans will vote for the other two nominees.

I voted for RVP because I believe it's the best goal. It's a sham that people vote for Roche because she's Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Because I'm a Liverpool fan who doesn't like Utd so team loyalty doesn't matter.

You're a sample size of one.

And did this goal get nominated for the Puskas award?

Dice75 wrote: »
    Good luck to her, great goal, but a historic day for Irish sport?

I doubt 0.1% of the population could name last years winner without google!

To be honest, I did not even know this award existed, Goal of the season on Match of the day would be the biggest award I saw for a goal up to now ;)

• Advertisement

And did this goal get nominated for the Puskas award?

not a clue Gits, Good goal though :D

h2005 wrote: »
    You're a sample size of one.

My sample size of one is more credible than the theory plucked out of thin air of the other argument.

Everyone has different opinions Gits, my favourite Suarez goal last season was the header from the edge of the box into the top left hand corner, most people would have that way down the list I would imagine

I voted for RVP because I believe it's the best goal. It's a sham that people vote for Roche because she's Irish.

like I said, United supporters will do the same because its RVP, even of they think either or both of the other 2 goals are better ( which IMO they are )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I am in shock. Liverpool fan dislikes United......everything I thought I knew is a lie.

Yossi Benayoun scored a brilliant goal on a pre-season tour for Chelsea a couple of years ago, as good a goal as you will see anywhere, that not many people saw that, does it take away from the level of skill involved?
    not a clue Gits, Good goal though :D

If it was as good a goal as seen anywhere why didn't it get nominated?

My sample size of one is more credible than the theory plucked out of thin air of the other argument.

Yet you say people are voting for Roche because she's irish. Contradict yourself much? Is David Luiz irish? He voted for her goal.

Even though it was just for gits, I had a look.. Cracker of a goal..

h2005 wrote: »
    Yet you say people are voting for Roche because she's irish. Contradict yourself much? Is David Luiz irish? He voted for her goal.

Fair play to him.

I'm saying Irish people are voting for her because she's Irish. Because it's the small minded mentality in Ireland.

Fair play to him.

I'm saying Irish people are voting for her because she's Irish. Because it's the small minded mentality in Ireland.

And I am saying united and Madrid supporters are voting for RVP and James, with the so called same small minded mentality, you did not answer my earlier question, are there more Madrid/United supporters worldwide than the population of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Do you think there people on Colombian message boards giving out that people are voting for James because he's Columbian? No, of course not.

Your post,not the others, are showing the strange Irish begrudger mentality.

Fair play to him.

And the nations /clubs of the other contestants aren't???

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Do you think there people on Colombian message boards giving out that people are voting for James because he's Columbian? No, of course not.

Your post,not the others, are showing the strange Irish begrudger mentality.

I doubt any columbian celebrities are coming out asking people to vote for his goal. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Just voted for RVP. It's the best goal in my opinion.

Just voted for RVP. It's the best goal in my opinion.

You're in the wrong thread, this one is titled Vote for Stephenanie. :D

I'm joking Gits.

I doubt any columbian celebrities are coming out asking people to vote for his goal. :rolleyes:

LOL Gits, look before you post

Puskás's widow backs James for FIFA prize

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/01/10/en/football/real_madrid/1420904038.html?a=GI856abaae81d5514d966fb03cd95899a0f&t=1421008782

sharefb.jpg 2

Puskás Award for world goal of the year

01/10/2015
    • [URL="javascript:imprimir();"]Print[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Send[/URL] [URL="javascript:;"]Close[/URL]Send this news item by email to:
      Your friend's emailYour nameYour emailComment
      Send to multiple recipients separating emails with a comma

1420904038_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Erzsébet Puskás has backed James Rodríguez's bid to win the prize dedicated to her late husband, the FIFA Puskás Award for world goal of the year. "Of course I support James Rodríguez, he plays for Real Madrid and wears the same shirt as 'Pancho' (Ferenc Puskás's nickname in Spain), the number 10", the Hungarian great's widow stated.

Read more: Real Madrid: Puskás's widow backs James for FIFA prize - MARCA.com (English version)

What's the difference there Gits, the woman is looking for a hometown decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

James Rodriguez and RVP goals far superior given context. Cant vote for stephanie but will abstain from the vote

Even ex-United Footballer and potential future manager Lauren Blanc picked Stephanie's goal as the best

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

"STEPHANIE ROCHE ADMITS she is somewhat relieved to finally be on the verge of discovering her fate, following the prolonged hype prompted by her Puskas Award nomination.

The Dubliner will be in attendance when the winner of the prize is announced on Monday for the Ballon d’Or ceremony, as she vies for the best goal award along with fellow candidates Robin van Persie and James Rodriguez.

And in an interview with Johnny Lyons on 98FM’s Now That’s What I Call Sport this morning, the Ireland international admitted she was unsure of what to expect.

“Everyone is saying it’s between me and [James] Rodriguez. I’m trying not to think about it too much and to relax and actually enjoy the awards themselves. If I win great, but I’m just going to go with the flow and see what happens.

“I’ve been doing so much for the last few weeks to try and get the goal out there against two superstars of world football [Van Persie and Rodriguez], so I had to do as much as I could to get the goal out there. I’ve had a lot of backing from players etc and I haven’t had a lot of time to think about it.”

Stephanie Roche deserves you're vote,she was up against professional players and their PR .

And is now on the brink...

Vote for Stephanie here.

http://m.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

• Advertisement

LOL Gits, look before you post

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/01/10/en/football/real_madrid/1420904038.html?a=GI856abaae81d5514d966fb03cd95899a0f&t=1421008782

sharefb.jpg 2

Puskás Award for world goal of the year

01/10/2015
    • [URL="javascript:imprimir();"]Print[/URL]
    • [URL="javascript:;"]Send[/URL] [URL="javascript:;"]Close[/URL]Send this news item by email to:
      Your friend's emailYour nameYour emailComment
      Send to multiple recipients separating emails with a comma

1420904038_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Erzsébet Puskás has backed James Rodríguez's bid to win the prize dedicated to her late husband, the FIFA Puskás Award for world goal of the year. "Of course I support James Rodríguez, he plays for Real Madrid and wears the same shirt as 'Pancho' (Ferenc Puskás's nickname in Spain), the number 10", the Hungarian great's widow stated.

Read more: Real Madrid: Puskás's widow backs James for FIFA prize - MARCA.com (English version)

What's the difference there Gits, the woman is looking for a hometown decision

Today I learned that Columbia is the same country as Hungary.

Even ex-United Footballer and potential future manager Lauren Blanc picked Stephanie's goal as the best

But didn't you say all Utd fans would vote for RVP? :confused:

Today I learned that Columbia is the same country as Hungary.

No Gits, Puskas played for Madrid :cool: that is the connection

He wears the same number her husband wore,

the award is named after her husband

But didn't you say all Utd fans would vote for RVP? :confused:

not sure of he is a fan, but he did play with them and has been linked to managing them before,

You are digging bigger and bigger holes, that's the second time you have misquoted me. Better luck next time :D

not sure of he is a fan, but he did play with them and has been linked to managing them before,

You are digging bigger and bigger holes, that's the second time you have misquoted me. Better luck next time :D

Keep voting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

• Advertisement

Bump for this thread.

Come on people, vote now

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

Just want to say Thanks Gits for bumping this thread for most of the evening, the idea was to bump now and again to get it up on the front page of boards, and mainly me and thanks to you, we have managed to do this and helped drum up some extra support for Stephanie.

Thanks again Gits, well done :D

Just want to say Thanks Gits for bumping this thread for most of the evening, the idea was to bump now and again to get it up on the front page of boards, and mainly me and thanks to you, we have managed to do this and helped drum up some extra support for Stephanie.

Thanks again Gits, well done :D

I knew well I would be bumping it to the front page.

But you can have all the people on boards vote for her and she still won't win.

I knew well I would be bumping it to the front page.

But you can have all the people on boards vote for her and she still won't win.

Probably not, but at least it gives her as sporting chance :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Twitter Followers

James - 6.25M

Robbin - 6.7M

Roache - 14k

Twitter Followers

James - 6.25M

Robbin - 6.7M

Roache - 14k

Sums up exactly how well she has done considering