Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone IMEI problem

• 06-01-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I recently bought an Iphone 4s on Ebay. The seller said it was locked to Lycamobile.

I received the item and tried a lycamobile sim and it said the sim was not supported. I decided to take out the sime tray and check the IMEI number and low and behold it is not for a 4S. It says it is a White Iphone 8GB. The phone is clearly a Black 4S as I checked the model number and well its black...

It appears the sim card slot was replaced. I contacted the buyer and 5 days later still no response so I'll have to open a case with Paypal.... anyway what I would like to know is how else can I check the IMEI number?

I can't check it in the settings as I need to activate the phone first and to activate I need the right sim but to find the carrier it is locked to I need the IMEI...

Also I realised after that lycamobile don't even sell phones ...DOH! :P

Comments

Advertisement