Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA dinner dance

Options
  • 06-01-2015 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

okay so my local club have their dinner dance at the end of January, and i'm going because i am now on the senior panel but have never been to one before. What do i wear?
    I know a dress, but what kind of dress? or what colour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Any colour you like, unless there is a custom that you wear your club or your counties colours. I'd say your team mates or other ladies in the club, would be able to answer that better than we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rusty91

Hi!!

My boyfriends GAA club are holding their dinner dance at the start of January. The last one I was at was about 6 years ago. The dress code was more cocktail than black tie. I'm wondering if this still stands. I was thinking of wearing a fitted knee length dress but I've heard some girls are going full length. I'm worried I'll look out of place if I don't buy a full length dress. Could anyone shed some light on what the norm has been in recent years? I don't know any of the other girls so I can't consult with them

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lauren!

For mine last year, we all wore knee length dresses. I know with our club its never black tie

Thanks for the reply. I hope it's similar at this one. It hasn't been specified if it's black tie yet. Don't really fancy splashing out on a gown coming up to Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Why don't you get your boy friend to text a couple of his team mates and ask them to ask their partners, if full length or cocktail length dresses are the norm? There is no hard and fast rule for every single club. Your bf, his club mates & their partners, can tell you what the dress code is for his particular club, far better than random strangers on the internet can.

• Advertisement

]Why don't you get your boy friend to text a couple of his team mates and ask them to ask their partners, if full length or cocktail length dresses are the norm? There is no hard and fast rule for every single club. Your bf, his club mates & their partners, can tell you what the dress code is for his particular club, far better than random strangers on the internet can

I did mention this to him but he feels a bit awkward asking his lad friends about what their girlfriends are wearing. I'm not from the area at all so I don't know the girls that would be going. I just wanted a general idea of what girls tend to wear from people who would have went to one last year. Appreciate the suggestion though, thanks.

Advertisement