Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows update issue

• 06-01-2015 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

My dell inspiron is stuck on a screen telling me "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, don't turn off your computer"

Its been on this screen for a couple of hours. How do I get this working again?

Its the young one's Laptop for xmas, not sure what kind of updates were being installed to be honest. Its not moving from this screen now unfortunately

Any ideas what can be done with this? Apologies if its a very basic question, literally have no idea what i'm doing :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't know if you can restart, but you could try removing the battery and putting it in again, sometimes that can help reset the start up problem. Or maybe download the update patch from the Windows website I presume its for Windows 8.1 or Windows 9 and transfer it by usb stick to your kids laptop.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement