Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone remember these crisps please

Options
  • 07-01-2015 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

They were exactly like chip sticks except called French fries they wore in like a purple and orange packet with a man an woman eating at a tablet an they were in the shape of chip sticks they were French an the crisps were bacon flavour they were Irish I can't remember who made them but the French fry name was in yellow writing please help its ruining my life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I remember them. Possibly made by Sam Spudz. I think they were based in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

naynay93 wrote: »
    They were exactly like chip sticks except called French fries they wore in like a purple and orange packet with a man an woman eating at a tablet an they were in the shape of chip sticks they were French an the crisps were bacon flavour they were Irish I can't remember who made them but the French fry name was in yellow writing please help its ruining my life

Were they made by perry ?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Mr perri, nearly sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Mr Perri French Fries, they changed the packaging years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12 naynay93

I remember them. Possibly made by Sam Spudz. I think they were based in Donegal.

I had them years ago as a kid I can't find a pic anywhere

• Advertisement

catallus wrote: »
    Mr Perri French Fries, they changed the packaging years ago

I can't find a picture anywhere there gone years they we're so good I tried perri nothing is coming up someone had to have a pic of them if there Perri

d-don wrote: »
    Were they made by perry ?

I tried looking on Google for them by Perri nothing is coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Yea I remember them, the French guy was saying 'Ooh lala' in the bottom corner and they were 12p.
    More like chickatees in texture though, chipsticks were crunchier.

Kovu wrote: »
    Yea I remember them, the French guy was saying 'Ooh lala' in the bottom corner and they were 12p.
    More like chickatees in texture though, chipsticks were crunchier.

Yeah they were corn snacks like short an chuncky loads of air bubbles in them I don't know who made them I can't find a picture of them anywhere its really annoying me I need to find a picture of them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Yeah, French Fries were Mr Perri now that I think of it. But did they do bacon flavoured crisps too? I can only remember Tayto & Sam Spudz doing those.

Mod note: naynay93 - please try to use punctuation in your posts. Full stops would really help make your posts easier to read.

Thanks,

tHB

• Advertisement

Yeah, French Fries were Mr Perri now that I think of it. But did they do bacon flavoured crisps too? I can only remember Tayto & Sam Spudz doing those.

Mod note: naynay93 - please try to use punctuation in your posts. Full stops would really help make your posts easier to read.

Thanks,

tHB

The French fries themselves were bacon flavour. But I don't know if Perry made them because I can't find a picture of them anywhere. An they couldn't have just vanished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

"naynay93 wrote: »
    An they couldn't have just vanished.

Ha! You think the googles and bings and ask jeeves of this world can't make the past disappear???!

Those who control the past control the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Might be worth mailing Largo Foods, who own the Perri brand, to ask

http://www.largofoods.ie/our-brands/

http://www.largofoods.ie/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rustymania

I'm sure they we're called Mini Chips I remember the salt 'n vinegar flavour they were delish .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

rustymania wrote: »
    I'm sure they we're called Mini Chips I remember the salt 'n vinegar flavour they were delish .

Mini chips were like matchsticks and solid potato. Tesco do giant bags of own brand mini chips at a reasonable price.

These were airy snacks like chips sticks. I think the lad on the pack had a beret and scarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Red Wolf

rubadub wrote: »
    Mini chips were like matchsticks and solid potato. Tesco do giant bags of own brand mini chips at a reasonable price.

These were airy snacks like chips sticks. I think the lad on the pack had a beret and scarf.

I remember them as above. Searched for an hour but no joy. This is going to annoy me

Advertisement