Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Copying photos synced to iPad2

• 07-01-2015 6:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭

Quick question. I need to make room on my venerable iPad 2. There are 1200 photo's not taken with the iPad but synced to it from my old iPhone. The iPhone is long lost and I can't find any other copies on my PC even in the itunes folder.

How can I copy this 1200 photos off the iPad before deleting them. Remember, they originally synced to it and the originals are gone/nowhere to be found, so these can't simply be copied from the DCIM folder with Windows explorer. The only photos in there are the handful I actually took with the iPad itself.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

So they are on there but just not taken with the iPad? It shouldn't really matter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

When I select iPad in iTunes I can't find these photos like one would find the music files. The only option under photos is to sync with the PCs pictures folder. If I select that it tells me all photos on the iPad will be erased? Ultimately I do want them erased from the iPad yes but I need a copy of them on the PC but the sync process doesn't give me any indication that they'll be moved to the pcs picture folder.

Is there any free windows app I could use to grab the photos and transfer. Remember windows explorer doesn't see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement