Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Half Marathon 17.3.2015

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Just seen this on Precision Timing, zero details at present, anybody have any info regarding it? If Mullingar Harriers are involved i'm sure it will be a good race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

https://www.facebook.com/mullingarhalfmarathon?ref=br_tf

This is their FB page, but no info there yet either. I've heard the names of some of the guys involved and I'd certainly have faith in them to do their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Online Registration is Now Open - There is an additional bit of info on the poster http://registration.precisiontiming.co.uk/events/preview?id=38

I have signed up for this.

It looks like it will be a good event - a lot of activity on their FB page and website.

Childline are giving it a good bit of promo also.

Anyone else doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Might run it also, the route looks nice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Thinking about signing up too. Fits in nicely ahead of Limerick marathon. Route profile looks good.

• Advertisement

The route is very flat, I'm from around that area so I cycled it and it is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Looking forward to it. Be my first half marathon (hopefully)

Looking forward to it. Be my first half marathon (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Signed up today - bit of a distance to travel so hope it's worth it :)

Some of the guys from Mullingar Half at Bohermeen yesterday - said the event was shaping up very nicely - first year of it too.

A distinct lack of Mullingar Harriers at Bohermeen yesterday - so perhaps they are saving themselves for the Mullingar Half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

any recommendations on where to park for this race on tuesday. i assume there will be limited parking in the town centre if the start/finish is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This was a super race. Very well organised and a very fast course.
    If it becomes an annual event it's definitely one to consider racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

menoscemo wrote: »

How did you get on Meno, did you just do it just as a training run.

How does the course compare to Bohermeen?

TbL

How did you get on Meno, did you just do it just as a training run.

How does the course compare to Bohermeen?

TbL

I did TbL. Just went around with the 90 pacer and with Bulmers for the first 8.
    I think it is definitely faster than Bohermeen, but there wasn't much wind today.

I did TbL. Just went around with the 90 pacer and with Bulmers for the first 8.
    I think it is definitely faster than Bohermeen, but there wasn't much wind today.

That's a great session to bank, well done

TbL

That's a great session to bank, well done

TbL

Passed an olympian out on the last mile :D

Passed an olympian out on the last mile :D

There was a shot putter runnin the half? :)

TbL

There was a shot putter runnin the half? :)

TbL

Haha, no a 13:18 5k runner from Atlanta 1996

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Agree completely, excellent race, very well organised and a very fair course, in saying that the flyover at 8.5 miles nearly killed me!! I will definitely run this one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Great race yesterday put on my Mulligar AC. They seemed to have two or three stewards on each junction of the course and all of westmeath civil defense must have been on hand as well. There was a distinct country smell as you came up to the main motorway cross over but it would have only forced you to run on. Really liked the flat section along the canal back towards Mulligar. The finish area was really well done into a park where there was plenty of room for runners and families afterwards. Great spread of water, fruit, soup, tea and cheese snadwiches at the end. The prize presentation might have been a little earlier but that's only a minor gripe. Will be back next year.

• Advertisement

My first half marathon. Nearly dead but can't wait till the next one. Very well organised. That motorway flyover was nearly the death of me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

+1 on the positive comments. Great organisation, lots of marshalls. (Even scuba divers along the canal which was a first for me!) Plenty of refreshments afterwards.

Ideal conditions for the race.The flat course was the deal breaker for getting my PB. (it could probably claim to be Irelands flatest half, based on my Garmin elevation gain comparision with Clontarf) Will be back again.

Just got a mail today to say this is going ahead again next year which is excellent news. Also over €16,000 was donated to childline as a result which would put the vast majority of so called 'charity' and commercial races to shame, especially considering this wasn't even advertised as a charity race. I would definitely urge all spring marathoners next year to do this one, whether as a race or an MP session.

Advertisement