Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How to top up SIM on Ipad Cellular?

• 07-01-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭

A friend of mine is considering buying an Ipad Mini 3 with Wifi & Cellular for his wife. They don't have Wifi at home so the Cellular option for connecting to the internet seemed ideal.

How does this work? Do you have to buy a 3G sim card? If that's the case, and it's Pay as you go (which he'd prefer) how do you top it up when it's out of credit? Do you have to put it into an actual phone to do this?

Sorry if these qustions seem daft but I really haven't a clue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

No there's usually a topup website they can access when there's no credit left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Register the sim on the networks website. The site will allow you to topup online using a credit or debit card.
    I would advise your friend to get a Three sim as they do unlimted data on prepaid.

Advertisement