Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenstar shambles in Enniscorthy

Options
  • 07-01-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

So Greenstar have taken over some other company or something? That's according to their Lo-Call operator this morning - took 20 minutes to get through to! I had a bad feeling this morning when leaving out my refuse bag and I was right. No 2015 calendars have been sent out to the bag stockists but going on the 2014 calendar, this week should have been refuse but no, some gob****e decided to have two recycling weeks back to back. So now the already unpleasant bag of rubbish soaked and back in the house to fester for another 7 days. If I lived near Greenstar's head office I know where the damn bag would be going. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

dont worry, you're not alone, its county wide. not only did they have 2 recycling back to back, they have also changed the day on mine. I left out the refuse to be collected as normal on Monday, and then got a text that night saying they'd be around for the recycling on Tuesday, and then got a calender on Tuesday confirming this, which was a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,472 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Waterford - I got a calendar from Greenstar, today was general refuse. Everyone around left out bins but none has been collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭sjb25

They have taking over wastepal I believe but yes it's county wide!! We missed the truck our truck normally doesn't come until around 1 or 2 but came past at half 8 wouldn't have mattered as I'd have left the wrong bin out anyway got a new Callander in fairness but never looked assumed it was the same so can't give out a lot :(

Ours was supposed to be Refuse today, according to new calendar and the text I got last night. None of the bins around were collected.

WTF???

Have a shít load of rubbish collected over the Christmas period....including turkey carcass ham bone etc. Ive only the smaller sized bin so its overflowing now. Looks like Ill be using the local pac a sac.

Ill dispatch off an email to them tonight methinks and ask what they intend doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

2015 Calendar :
    scan0001_zpsa5e84fa7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

@ allthedoyles

Your calendar differs from the one on Greenstar's website yesterday. Just changing the colours and collections doesn't help those of us with piles of smelly rubbish. What about those of us who were supposed to have our rubbish collected yesterday?

gs1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Pretty shambolic having two different calendars out there imo.

I saw in a national paper just before christmas, that they are looking to buy AES.

If this goes ahead, and with them after buying out Wastepal, does this mean that we won't have a choice on waste collectors in the county and that they could charge whatever they like????

breghall wrote: »
    Pretty shambolic having two different calendars out there imo.

I saw in a national paper just before christmas, that they are looking to buy AES.

If this goes ahead, and with them after buying out Wastepal, does this mean that we won't have a choice on waste collectors in the county and that they could charge whatever they like????

If it was to happen then no we won't have a choice and yes they will charge whatever they want then but that's if it was to happen
    In saying that ray whealans are still around

Reply on Facebook today telling me to leave rubbish out tomorrow - probably best to contact Greenstar before following my lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If Greenstar take over AES aswell,it'll pretty much be a monopoly on waste collection and they can charge what they want.Ray Whelan seems to be the only other alternative.
    We only got a letter the other day informing us of the takeover from Wastepal,2 weeks of Recycling collections and my waste bin is sitting in the yard since before Xmas,very close to bursting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

New collection day in New Ross is Monday , but type of bin collection remains the same .

CAH2011 wrote: »
    I work for Greenstar and we sincerely apologise for the issues with collections you are experiencing. If you have access to Facebook, please go onto the Greenstar Ireland page and pm us your account number and full address and we will get back to you.

My rubbish is still awaiting collection - it's on the street as requested. It would help - if you really work for Greenstar - if you would post the local phone number for your collection service - NOT the farcical Lo-Call number. :mad:

Just spoke to Ray Whelan's and they offer 4 lifts per month for €20 or €18.50 by direct debit. Well cheaper than Greenstar.

Tel: 059 - 914 7678

And, you get to speak to a friendly human being when you ring!

I must give them a ring so to see if they can service my area.

Just got through to Greenstar on the Lo-Call number and dealt with with an offensive/defensive girl there who denied that the Greenstar Facebook page is anything to do with them! Told me to bring the rubbish back in and there won't now be a rubbish collection before next Wednesday - what a joke!!

Things took a strange turn since my last post. Greenstar's Facebook page asked for my mobile number and got the manager of their Wexford depot to contact me. A decent chap who apologised and promised that a truck would collect my rubbish today if I cared to leave it out. I duly did but within an hour the bag was stolen off the street - in front of my very eyes - by a non national female! I hope she enjoys the turkey remains which have been in the bag for the last four days. No doubt the bag will be dumped back on the street undercover of darkness. You couldn't make it up. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I duly did but within an hour the bag was stolen off the street - in front of my very eyes - by a non national female! I hope she enjoys the turkey remains which have been in the bag for the last four days. No doubt the bag will be dumped back on the street undercover of darkness. You couldn't make it up. :mad:

Hope you had no incriminating addresses in there!! Mind you, litter enforcement is a joke where I live - people who are inclined just seem to dump and get away with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tengtooltom

We have been a customer of Greenstar for about a year, after problems with NO PAL.
    We were left with our Waste and our Recycling over christmas. Both bins (full) were collected on SATURDAY 3rd of jan, by an Agency Driver.
    We got the letters to say no change of day or bin. Got the text on wednesday 7th. Left out bin. Got another text friday 9th for same bin.
    Guess what - the bin is still here monday evening.
    Wexford south area.
    Only automated email response from CUSTOMER SERVICE. Must be NO HUMANS there.

I have logged a complaint and am waiting for the depot to get back to me. My apologies for the delay, we are extremely busy but I will come back to you as soon as I can

Thanks

Lorna Poutch|Customer Services Representative

Greenstar, Millennium Business Park, Cappagh Road, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11 T: 1890600900

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

We were with Wastepal and never had any problems with the service. But now with Greenstar, collection day changed and wont collect certain thing that Wastepal did, e.g. glass in recycling bin.

Just reading these posts and hope the problems encountered by others isn't a sign of things to come!

• Advertisement

Refuse was supposed to be collected today, bin still left untouched. If it isnt collected until 2 weeks time, that will mean there will have been 36 days between collections for the refuse. Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Big Vern wrote: »
    We were with Wastepal and never had any problems with the service. But now with Greenstar, collection day changed and wont collect certain thing that Wastepal did, e.g. glass in recycling bin.

Just reading these posts and hope the problems encountered by others isn't a sign of things to come!

Same worries here.

Also just came home to find the empty bin put back right in the middle of the driveway entrance meaning I had to get out of car to move the bin so I could get in - that was one thing about Wastepal, you always had to check if they'd been emptied as they were put back almost exactly where you put them.

Suppose I should be grateful that the bin was emptied judging by other comments here mind you.

Well looks like we are back on track after the mix up refuse bin collected few mins ago along with the four extra bags i left for them so hopefully I'm back on track my recycling getting full but should manage till next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Just got lumped to Greenstar from Wastepal.

Im a bit disappointed that they don't take glass in the recycling. Just checked Ray Whelans website and they do take glass.

I think Ill wait til July before committing to any new contract as all providers will have to be "pay-by-weight" then.

It will be interesting to see what the prices will be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

TheChevron wrote: »
    Just got lumped to Greenstar from Wastepal.

Im a bit disappointed that they don't take glass in the recycling. Just checked Ray Whelans website and they do take glass.

I think Ill wait til July before committing to any new contract as all providers will have to be "pay-by-weight" then.

It will be interesting to see what the prices will be like.

I see Greenstar have also taken over AES so there may not be much choice in prices :(

bruschi wrote: »
    Refuse was supposed to be collected today, bin still left untouched. If it isnt collected until 2 weeks time, that will mean there will have been 36 days between collections for the refuse. Shambles.

thankfully they picked it up today. bad start to the new regime though. all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Looks like Greenstar have changed the pick up days for Enniscorthy again.

Its now picking up in Enniscorthy on Tuesdays and Thursdays instead of Wednesdays, according to the latest timetable from their website.

Very confusing.

5GUrsgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Supposed to come Clonegal way on Wednesdays according to their letter - no sign of them last week or yesterday. Last Thursday, we had a message at 10pm in the evening - apologising for not collecting and that they would collect on Thursday... They hadn't come Thursday either as far as I can tell - so a shambles.

I don't understand this - did they not take over Wastepal? I'd presumed the same staff and trucks would do the routes with just a change in ownership. But perhaps they've laid them all off and no one knows the rural routes???

Anyone got a proper 01 or 053 phone number for Greenstar - I dislike these 1890 numbers and refuse to use them unless I absolutely have to.

All i know is that it's a disgrace......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

BarryD wrote: »
    Supposed to come Clonegal way on Wednesdays according to their letter - no sign of them last week or yesterday. Last Thursday, we had a message at 10pm in the evening - apologising for not collecting and that they would collect on Thursday... They hadn't come Thursday either as far as I can tell - so a shambles.

I don't understand this - did they not take over Wastepal? I'd presumed the same staff and trucks would do the routes with just a change in ownership. But perhaps they've laid them all off and no one knows the rural routes???

Anyone got a proper 01 or 053 phone number for Greenstar - I dislike these 1890 numbers and refuse to use them unless I absolutely have to.

01 2947900 from saynoto1890.

Advertisement