Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job

Options
  • 07-01-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just started a new job after a good while looking. I took it because it's good money and I wasn't having much luck getting anything else. My background is in C++ but that was mainly project work. I also recently passed the first Java certification exam.
    However, the new job will involve mainly QML and some Qt, so I'm a little worried that when I'm looking for a job in a year or two that I'll be well behind the pack. I would have preferred that this job involved Java or straight C++ because that's pretty much what companies are looking for.
    Any thoughts / tips on what I should do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Qt is a c++ toolkit and there are lots of jobs involving it. Noone writes "straight C++", everyone uses frameworks and libraries.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

srsly78 wrote: »
    Qt is a c++ toolkit and there are lots of jobs involving it. Noone writes "straight C++", everyone uses frameworks and libraries.
    True, but my supervisor did say that it will be mainly QML I'll be doing. I get the feeling it will be around 90% QML. I'm just looking at some tutorials on that now and it's very much like CSS.

Advertisement