Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What good sportif should i go on this year

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭baldyshane

Ring of Beara at the end of May, 100km and 140 km routes. Leaving Kenmare around the Beara Peninsula to Glengarrif and over the Caha pass back to Kenmare. New Sportive should be good craic http://ringofbearacyclekenmare.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

baldyshane wrote: »
    Ring of Beara at the end of May, 100km and 140 km routes. Leaving Kenmare around the Beara Peninsula to Glengarrif and over the Caha pass back to Kenmare. New Sportive should be good craic http://ringofbearacyclekenmare.com/

Jesus that looks stunning but too far from me unfortunately!

Not sure if this one has been put up yet.
    http://www.giantscausewaycoastsportive.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Done the 160km last year,best one I have done since getting bike in BTW two years ago.scenery is amazing(louisburg to killiary especially)couple of hills nothing major.Padraic marrey and co organize it.
    Top class.
    Not as busy as the ROK,but the are trying to get to that level of exposure!
    Slan
    John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭seanin4711

G1032 wrote: »
    The Westportif, (160km) but no date for 2015 yet. Stunning scenery.

Tour De Connemara is a nice spin too (140km)

westsportif covers all the TDC no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭G1032

seanin4711 wrote: »
    westsportif covers all the TDC no?

No. TDC starts from Clifden and heads off along the coast through Carna and into Maam Cross.
    The Westportif will come into Maam Cross via the N59 after having gone through the Inagh Valley.

So they both take in the Maam Cross to Maam leg and they both head out towards Leenane. Westportif turns right a few kms out to head up past Lough Nafooey. TDC continues to Leenane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Luxman wrote: »
    This from 2013 was my most memorable and challenging event. Ww200 was only trotting after it. Missed 14 so earmarking for this year. Climbing within te first kilometre!!
    Agree with this. Did it last year, tough day on the bike.
    Found it much tougher than the WW 200 but unusually we had a head wind coming home in the MB last year so that was prob a huge factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Nmccd

how does the ring of Beara route compare to the ROK? i am thinking of doing it but im not familar with the route. i have done the ROK. any advise appreciated - i am looking at doing the 100km route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

My fav is Tour de Connemara. The wind is a killer but the scenery is worth it. Graduating from 80 to 140 this year, excited.
    Sean Kelly not far behind, well organised and marshalled event, good roads and tasty food.
    Škoda tour should be good, doing Wicklow cycle next weekend.
    An Post Sligo was nice, Tour de Kildare not bad at all (great burgers)
    Didn't enjoy the Tour de Meath last year, way too many holes on the road... And food stop @83km on 100k route was a big let down.
    Lap of Laois, class this year. Can't beat having curry in prison.
    Depending on your location, there is always some sportive around.
    Have fun!

Advertisement