Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Fibre in Beech Park / Beech Grove Lucan

Options
  • 07-01-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder if somebody could confirm if e-fibre broadband is going to be available in the Beech Park / Beech Grove area of Lucan, and if it is when it is likely to be available.
    Thanks and Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if somebody could confirm if e-fibre broadband is going to be available in the Beech Park / Beech Grove area of Lucan, and if it is when it is likely to be available.
    Thanks and Regards
    Hello Hibrasil

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I can confirm that lines in beech park & Grove are currently connected directly to the exchange.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via (fibre) VDSL local cabinets which distribute efibre. I’m afraid lines connected directly to the exchange are not on the current release of efibre plans.

Works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months

Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

LCN1_E01 (Lucan Ballydowd Exchange) has jus been marked "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is live" on fibreollout.ie;

Can you confirm if this means that an upgraded broadband service is now available to phone users in the Beech Park / Beech Grove area of Lucan, and if it is not immediately available when it is likely to be.  

Regards and Thanks

Hibrasil

Reply Please ...Appreciated !!!!
    LCN1_E01 (Lucan Ballydowd Exchange) has jus been marked "Fibre Broadband Cabinet is live" on fibreollout.ie;

Can you confirm if this means that an upgraded broadband service is now available to phone users in the Beech Park / Beech Grove area of Lucan, and if it is not immediately available when it is likely to be.  

Regards and Thanks

Hibrasil

Hello Hibrasil

The map which indicates specific cabinets is solely for wholesale purposes only and is not intended to suggest that efibre will be available for consumer purposes. I have checked the situation of efibre to Beech Park & Grove and I'm afraid we still do not have an indication as to when it will be available in that location beyond late 2015 as advised above. I have discussed this with operations today and there are still a few things to get around in regards to exchange based cabinets but they have advised that we should have better news for you towards a June timeframe.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I have no wish to add to your burdens, but briefly with the recent qualified (?) approval by Comreg for EVDSL, what are the prospects for an upgraded broadband service in Beech Park / Beech Grove in Lucan - and is timescale weeks or months.  

Thanks & Regards 

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

I have no wish to add to your burdens, but briefly with the recent qualified (?) approval by Comreg for EVDSL, what are the prospects for an upgraded broadband service in Beech Park / Beech Grove in Lucan - and is timescale weeks or months.  

Thanks & Regards 
    Hello Hibrasil

I can confirm that the exchange based cabinet LND1_E01 is currently in the state of 'completion works in progress'. I've contacted eFibre operations who have advised that there is yet to be an agreed launch date however they have indicated that we should have more news on this within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

When the cabinet launches the Wholesale map ( http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ ) will show the cabinet as green however this is only to show the cabinet has launched at a wholesale level and also it's important to note that it will take time for the line connected to the exchange to be ported to the fibre cabinet when it launches.

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,

Thanks & Regards 
    Hello Hibrasil

I can confirm that the exchange based cabinet LND1_E01 is currently in the state of 'completion works in progress'. I've contacted eFibre operations who have advised that there is yet to be an agreed launch date however they have indicated that we should have more news on this within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

When the cabinet launches the Wholesale map ( http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ ) will show the cabinet as green however this is only to show the cabinet has launched at a wholesale level and also it's important to note that it will take time for the line connected to the exchange to be ported to the fibre cabinet when it launches.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    The exchange based cabinet LND1-E01 was expected to go live on the 8-JUL-15 (Eircom Wholesale map) - it appears to have missed this date for going live. Can you tell me when it actually is expected to go live at this stage please. 

Thanks and Regards

Hi Alan,

Thanks & Regards 
    Hello Hibrasil

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    The exchange based cabinet LND1-E01 was expected to go live on the 8-JUL-15 (Eircom Wholesale map) - it appears to have missed this date for going live. Can you tell me when it actually is expected to go live at this stage please. 

Thanks and Regards
    Hi Hibrasil

The exchange has already been activated but the map has not yet been updated - do you want to PM me your land line number and I'll check availability?

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan,

Thanks & Regards 
    Hello Hibrasil

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks and Regards
    Hi Hibrasil

The exchange has already been activated but the map has not yet been updated - do you want to PM me your land line number and I'll check availability?

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent with phone number Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks & Regards 
    Hello Hibrasil

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks and Regards
    Hi Hibrasil

Cheers
    Al
    PM sent with phone number Alan
    I have not yet received your PM Hibrasil

Could you resend it please?

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Cheers
    Al
    Alan 
    Resent now
    Thanks

Cheers
    Al
    Alan 
    Resent now
    Thanks
    Thanks Hibrasil

Yes your line qualifies for eFibre however unfortunately due to the distance of your line the cabinet the max speed available is up to 15Mb - I have discussed this with our internal networks team who have advised the approximate distance is 1500m - bearing in mind the lines are not laid "as the crow flies" from the exchange. There's a really good graph in this link explaining the effect of distance here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news Hibrasil

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Alan 
    Resent now
    Thanks
    Thanks Hibrasil

Yes your line qualifies for eFibre however unfortunately due to the distance of your line the cabinet the max speed available is up to 15Mb - I have discussed this with our internal networks team who have advised the approximate distance is 1500m - bearing in mind the lines are not laid "as the crow flies" from the exchange. There's a really good graph in this link explaining the effect of distance here: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you Alan....not great news....but then its better than bad news...much appreciated

Cheers
    Al
    Alan 
    Resent now
    Thanks
    Thanks Hibrasil

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you Alan....not great news....but then its better than bad news...much appreciated
    You are most welcome Hibrasil

Thanks

Al

Advertisement