Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting in again for 2nd engineer visit - no sign again.

Options
  • 07-01-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Hi,  I was due an engineer visit today for a new line installation "between 9am and 12pm" (They were due on 18th December originally but never turned up then either...) but no sign.  Rang Eircom over an hour ago on 1901 and the girl in support said she'd email technical support and get back to me in 20 minutes.  Again, nothing.

Can you offer any info as to what's going on please?  Order number 7411954P.

I first signed up to Eircom on 8th December and have still gotten nowhere as yet.  Very frustrating...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Engineer just rang and said he's too busy today and that Eircom or KN will make a new appointment.

So that's two days I wasted now staying in.

Thanks for your all help Eircom.....(!) 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Engineer just rang and said he's too busy today and that Eircom or KN will make a new appointment.

So that's two days I wasted now staying in.

Thanks for your all help Eircom.....(!)
    Nyum Nyum

Our apologies that tech was unable to make appointment. I wil check on order no provided and chase this for you.
    Tony

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hello Nyum Nyum,

I have requested clarification from operations (ref number [/font]
    1701316) and as soon as I have more information I will let you know

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Thanks.
    Nyum Nyum, 

In my experience with Eircom, their engineers are never anywhere when they say they will be. Even Eircom's own internal schedules/plans are never accurate -- so nobody actually knows who is going to be where and when, not the engineers or their managers. This is an accepted culture within the business and something customers, who are unlucky enough to do business with Eircom, must deal with.

My honest recommendation is to go with someone else or just stop planning your days around waiting on an engineer, as they will show up when least expected, not most expected.

• Advertisement

rat_race wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Nyum Nyum, 

In my experience with Eircom, their engineers are never anywhere when they say they will be. Even Eircom's own internal schedules/plans are never accurate -- so nobody actually knows who is going to be where and when, not the engineers or their managers. This is an accepted culture within the business and something customers, who are unlucky enough to do business with Eircom, must deal with.

My honest recommendation is to go with someone else or just stop planning your days around waiting on an engineer, as they will show up when least expected, not most expected.
    Hi rat_race

I'm sorry to hear your experience with this was so disappointing and of course apologise for the inconvenience this caused you. If there's anything I can help with feel free to get in touch drop a PM.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 47 card123

Nyum Nyum take a look at my thread " how much to install phone"
    interested in Rat Race's suggestion of getting another company to install line, what other companies out there install phone lines?

card123 wrote: »
    Nyum Nyum take a look at my thread " how much to install phone"
    interested in Rat Race's suggestion of getting another company to install line, what other companies out there install phone lines?
    Hi card123

Eircom are the only companie that install lines connected to the eircom network. While you can place the order with another provider it will ultimately be arranged with eircom wholesale to arrange installation.

Thanks
    Al

The engineer came round about 12:15 and checked the existing socket then said he'd have to check the pole outside.  He was out there for 10 minutes or so and then drove off somewhere.  I'm hoping he comes back...

Advertisement