Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

turn off verify account luma 520

• 07-01-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭

Every so often my lumia 520 asks me to sign in to verify my account. Can i turn this off? It is hard to sign in on phone and sometime sit says i need a code to another address which never comes.

If i set up a new address can i turn it off from day one? It is a special email address for the phone. i do not send/get much mail on the phone.

It is just convenient if i want to send an email and not at pc

I know it is an anti spam but would prefer to deal with spam

one screen says i cannot log in and another logs me in anyway. What a mess

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Have you logged into your account at Outlook.com and had a look at the security options there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭JuneJones

theothernt wrote: »
    Have you logged into your account at Outlook.com and had a look at the security options there?
    every time i try to do that it wants to send a code to my other email address but the code does not arrive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

That sounds like the problem you need to resolve first then. There are usually a few ways to get the code - different email addresses or via SMS. Also, check your spam folder.

Once that's done, you shouldn't be prompted for a code on a regular basis - it only happens when adding the account to a new device, if suspicious activity is detected on the account or if the account hasn't been used in a long time.

Advertisement