Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC opening January 2015 ???

Options
  • 07-01-2015 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

How likely is the IEC 2015 to open in January 2015? I emailed visa first just to see if the had and update on a date yet and got this reply
    " we expect it to open very soon within the next 2-3 months"
    Obviously this guys idea of "very soon" and mine are very different lol
    I have a job waiting for me in Toronto but can wait maybe 5 months by the time it's approved etc
    Thinking about heading to OZ now instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

last year said january but was held back till march nobody will know anywhere, all you can do is wait for the iec website to go up it tell you the date and time when it be open to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GaryIRL

Hey all,

So if I remember correctly there is a 8 or 10 week period after being accepted until you have to enter the country.
    I'm trying to plan my back-up plan if I don't get accepted so what does this mean exactly? If the Working Holiday opens registration in the next 6 weeks or so, does the Phase 2 also take a few weeks or months?

Basically I want to know if I can travel in September rather than during the Summer? I had other plans for the summer and I would like to do both but if there is only a certain few weeks until the visa expires then I would be best planning to travel during the summer right?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ellenellen

GaryIRL wrote: »
    Hey all,

So if I remember correctly there is a 8 or 10 week period after being accepted until you have to enter the country.
    I'm trying to plan my back-up plan if I don't get accepted so what does this mean exactly? If the Working Holiday opens registration in the next 6 weeks or so, does the Phase 2 also take a few weeks or months?

Basically I want to know if I can travel in September rather than during the Summer? I had other plans for the summer and I would like to do both but if there is only a certain few weeks until the visa expires then I would be best planning to travel during the summer right?

Thanks.

You have up to a year to activate your visa from the date marked on your POE letter. This is the last document you receive confirming your WHV.

So if the IEC opens in March like it did last year and it takes 6 weeks or whatever to be verified then you will have until May 2016 to activate your visa. This does not come out of your 2 year visa period. Your 2 years start from the date you enter Canada so September won't be a problem provided you have a POE by then.

Advertisement