Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor water quality in Kindlestown Park

Options
  • 07-01-2015 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there, has anyone noticed the brownish/yellowish colour of the water in Kindlestown Park? I sent multiple complaints to Irish Water and this is what they came back to me with:

"I wish to inform you that we have received an update from the local water services department that there is a leak in a vacant house in the area which is the cause of the poor water quality. The local water department have contacted the auctioneer in charge of the house to have this leak fixed."

Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

Huh?

How can a leak in a house (vacant or not) effect the water quality of other houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Charlie27

That's exactly what I asked... And they came back to me with the same email, copied and pasted...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Great news, no water charges for you 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

jpd wrote: »
    Huh?

How can a leak in a house (vacant or not) effect the water quality of other houses?
    That leak is a few doors from you, is your water affected?
    Seems IW is just passing the buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

No, but I'm not that near and not on the same main pipe anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Maybe it's a stock reply that they normally put out whenever someone complains of poor water pressure, and somebody just deleted the word "pressure" and inserted "quality" :pac:

Advertisement